FM13 Fingerprint sensor daily stops working unless toggled in device manager

I see that there was already a topic on this similar issue here: [SOLVED] Windows Hello Fingerprint Sensor no longer working - #12 by Joe_Smith

That topic was marked “solved” even though others and myself still complained of this issue. I’m starting a new topic isolated on the variation of the big that can be fixed by cycling the finger print sensor disable and re-enabled via device manager.

Here is the same post I made the aforementioned post.

I just got my F13 1280P model and I’m having the same issue. About once per day I wake the laptop to find it asking for my Pin instead of Biometric Fingerprint. I then check device manager to find the sensor in a error state. If I cycle it, (disable and re-enable) it works fine for another day surviving sleep cycles etc…:man_shrugging:

My sensor has driver Goodix - 1/27/2022 - 3.12804.0.170

I’m hoping someone else on here has found a permanent solution as I can’t find any newer driver online anywhere…

1 Like

What version of Windows are you using?

@Morpheus636 I’m using Win 11 Pro 22H2 with the latest patches Build# 22621.1928 and as mentioned sensor has driver Goodix - 1/27/2022 - 3.12804.0.170 - every day I have numerous events where the sensor stops working with error - “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”

I am experiencing this same issue. Framework 13, 13th Gen i5-1340P, Windows 11 Home 10.0.22621. Goodix driver, version 3.12804.0.180. I’m happy to provide any logs or testing to help troubleshoot this.