Framework Fan Art 🎨🖌️

Ha! I was thinking something similar, using Mount Fuji

3 Likes

Something like this?

Edit: For whatever reason this image is tiny. I don’t know why. I’ll see if I can make a higher quality version.
Edit 2: It seems that the grain is coming from the host image.

Edit 3: I have figured everything out. Frame.work compresses the image to 500kb or smaller (I think) and the grain is already there as a part of the original photo of Mt. Fuji. It gets amplified by my overlay of the Framework logo.

16 Likes

i made a little logo animation! the framework logo is really fun to work with :^)

framework-logo

74 Likes

That is so cool! Can you upload one with a transparent background? Or possibly turn this into a loading icon? This would be nice to have as the loading cursor for my laptop.

13 Likes

Wow this is awesome!! @JacobFavreault idea is so good it would be so good for a loading cursor.

@sniss what software did you use to create that?

7 Likes

@JacobFavreault here are both versions of the animation in transparent!

framework_transparent
framework_transparent_2

@Rodrigo_Luzuriaga i used adobe after effects to animate and photoshop to export as gif :]

40 Likes

Something I have been speculative about but not 100% on is the asymmetry of the logo. It is symmetrical along the horizontal and vertical axes, but not along the “teeth” of the framework gear.
The circle is a perfect circle and the outline is the outer edge of the logo.

Edit: typos

7 Likes

Is it possible for you to provide the original file? Or to create a loop of this section where the teeth fold out then fold in, like in this cut?

framework_transparent_2

Wouldn’t this look nice on the screen when booting the computer?

25 Likes

It definitely would, but that would require stalling for a few seconds to play an animation.

5 Likes

When can I get my OLED backplate to display stuff like this?

7 Likes

Pretty sure there’s an app for UEFI-boot systems that can change the windows logo to any image or gif

3 Likes

I only found this out recently, but it looks like the designer of the Framework logo is actually Cory Schmitz, who also designed the logo for Oculus, Polygon, and many notable video games. Wow!

9 Likes

this is so cool!!!~

8 Likes

These are amazing definitely going to be using some of these

2 Likes

It exists here. It has versions for Windows 11, 10, and 7. If you can see your OEM’s logo on boot, it most likely supports this. Check if your system has UEFI boot in the BIOS if you’re not sure.

1 Like

Thank you for these! I ended up making a loop using them. It’s not perfect and is only 25fps, but it looks good enough, lol.
logo gif
Someone with more talent could probably refine it or make it better/higher quality.

5 Likes

Theres also a few linux graphic bootsplashes (like Plymouth). You should be able to use something like this gif as an image when booting. Once I have the unit in hand I will play around with it for sure, looks awesome!

3 Likes

heres what i think you’re lookin’ for. would work well for a loading animation :slight_smile:

framework-loop-2

22 Likes

That’s exactly what I was trying to make! Thank you!

5 Likes