[SOLVED] Framework returned my laptop with the wrong motherboard

@amoun LMR UK ( Let Me Repair UK )
I wish I had done some research before sending it.

@knipp30 no worries.
Yeah, it was the bottom cover and mainboardā€¦ I agreed because of the bottom cover as that takes longer.

I was told this

1. Repair times vary on the request / complexity of the issue. Normal repair times is 5 days upon receipt at the Repair Center.

It just made sense as I thought, 4 days for delivery, and 5 to have it replacedā€¦ so a total of 9 days.
In fact, it was more than that. A total of 10 just to have it repaired excluding the time in transit.

2 Likes

This was the Framework choice in the UK ??

Yes. I wish I did not check their current reviews.

1 Like

Clearly Framework made a huge error of judgement using them and I wonder if Framework looked at the Trustpilot reviews ???

My only hiccup was a German keyboard on arrival rather than a UK one. That was resolved as the keyboard was return once I received the correct one and replaced it.

I would have had a fit if something like that happened here. And do they have sand in Scotland - more like some third world shed in desert type of repair. And the mainboard I hate to think they got a proper one from Framework and decided to rip you off.

They probably only know how to screw things together etc. and thought youā€™d never noticed.

Sure Iā€™m being harsh on such idiots but then Iā€™m English, critical to a fault, suspicious and cynical.

I hope Framework just send you a whole new laptop with chocolate and rum to waste the bad taste away.

Thanks for the warning of these dumb fā€™s Iā€™m ensure if I have to get a repair it is not them without some huge pre contract of huge compensation.

Boy do I go on . . . .

1 Like

Or, it was cheaper to use them.

1 Like

The issue is reported internally and currently being investigated, thanks for letting us know.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update! :smiley:

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d post an update.
This is currently with the support team.

The first email asked me if there was any damage to the package and to send photos with the package, while the second asked me if the laptop works andā€¦ to send more pictures with the laptop this time.

Something that couldā€™ve been done in a single email.

So far, nobody said anything about the fact that I received it back with the wrong mainboard :person_shrugging:

Sadly I think those responding just go through a check sheet rather than address the actual problem, that only occurs once the almost robotic checks are done. Clearly the ā€˜robotā€™ AI is a rather dumb DI, made by humans.

Upsetting enough to have such problems but dealing with the DI just seems even more insulting, but thatā€™s the way it is when we expect someone to apply intelligence a problem we present. A massive error on the expectations of others, which comes form the perceived power of money.

Money, power, expectations. The really poor expect nothing.

Hope this starts to work out for you very soon.

:scream:

1 Like

Thanks.
Iā€™m kind of tired of all of this.

Out of two jobs, they managed to mess both.

They had to replace the bottom cover because the paint was fading in a specific area and the main board because it was running too hot.

When I created this post, I did not say that both of them went wrong.

1. You know the story about the mainboard.
  2. When they replaced the bottom cover they managed to scrap and damage the paint on the inside (which can be seen a bit on the outside ).
    Thatā€™s already a weak point and it could only get worse in time.

I canā€™t upload the photo for an unknown reason, but I added it here Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So yeahā€¦ day 39 Iā€™m still waiting to have it solved :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes Iā€™ve had problems editing posts, I keep getting a 403 ???

Same. Uploading a file returns a 403 with Enable JavaScript and cookies to continue.

#testingInProduction :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry for asking for an update and ETA and sorry for tagging you again :slightly_smiling_face:

Because this was reported internally a couple of days ago and currently none of the first issues were solved whatā€™s the estimate for getting this resolved? This, if you can see if something is ā€œmovingā€ internally.

Iā€™m really trying to be patient, but with everything going as bad as it wentā€¦ the screen was almost scratched because of how they stored the laptop, the bottom cover with the paint scratched from the installation, wrong mainboardā€¦ I just hope Iā€™ll receive a replacement soon.

Also, thereā€™s the fact that with every day this gets delayed, Iā€™m losing on the warranty and, I canā€™t even use the laptop.

Iā€™ll also ignore the fact that the support team asked me to test a laptop that in fact, is not the one I bought (wrong mainboard), so even if the keyboard, wifi, or charging port works with the current mainboard is not like I want to keep it.

Though Iā€™m glad they did not ask me to run a temp test, that wouldā€™ve been ā€œfunā€.

Dudeā€¦

I love my FW16 - but if I were in your shoes my statement to them would be:

Send me a new laptop. I will move the storage, ram, etc - and will send the old one back as an RMA. At this time, the one in my hands is NOT what I ordered and has been damaged by the repair company that you had me send this to.

If none of this works for you, I will return the laptop for a refund, and we can try this shit again.

But thats just me lol

3 Likes

@knipp30 just had a reply from Framework.
Iā€™ll have a full replacement.

I wish theyā€™d find a better repair centre :slightly_frowning_face:

New update: Waiting for replacement.

6 Likes

Sounds like a happy ending is on itā€™s way.

All the best.

:tada:

1 Like

Thanks!
Iā€™m currently waiting for someone to confirm when Iā€™ll receive it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just received my laptop today.

Thereā€™s still quite a difference between Core 1 and Core 2, but, I donā€™t think I can go through this again.

The good part is that now I have 15685 points in cinebench R23 instead of 12950.

Iā€™ll consider this a win and try to enjoy the laptop.

Core diff

Test Result

2 Likes

Hey Alex, sorry I missed your last messages, but happy to hear that you finally received a replacement. If you wish to provide a detailed feedback about this WHOLE process, feel free to DM me, your feedback should help us improve the overall process.

4 Likes