Frameworks Spotted In The Wild

In lieu of seeing other Framework owners in the wild, I’ll be posting my own “adventures” to Instagram (and tagging @frameworkcomputer) for now.

5 Likes

:joy: Glassware on the right says “lab? maybe?”

Glassware on the left says “bar”!

6 Likes

Coffee shop in Frederick, MD. :grin:

3 Likes

My Framework is my personal laptop. It won’t make it out into the wild much. I have a corporate laptop, that’s what I travel with. If something happens to it I won’t cry all that much and get a newer, faster replacement. It won’t be a Framework though, $1000 CAD budget for a replacement.

If something were to happen to my Framework I would be very, very sad. :sob: And work wouldn’t cover it…

2 Likes

@Fraoch Maybe you can get your work to cover a Framework replacement one component at a time, just piecemeal it together :joy:

For real though, gotta protect those personal devices. After someone knocked my laptop off the desk back in first year, shattering the screen, I haven’t trusted using anything larger than a phone in lecture

3 Likes

The way students leave their laptops in the library while they go in search of coffee or snacks makes me cringe…things go missing all the time! I guess they just don’t care for their Macbooks in the same way as we covet our framworks :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve done this, but only at the community college where there’s always a place to work within lunging distance of the checkout counter.

1 Like

Not quite on topic for this thread, but I had an interaction where someone was curious about my framework in a university class/lab setting. They were not familiar, and at that point I had only had my framework for about a week. I pointed them to the website and hit on the repairability/ upgrade points and how I like the keyboard. There is interest out there!

1 Like

I too live in a town called Holland. Except in Ohio and it’s not very Dutch.

1 Like

I had a peer ask how I got one so fast. They recognized it on sight.

4 Likes

Do not think anyone in Australia will see mine.

1 Like

Mine has not left the house since receiving it in August. :wink:

2 Likes

A deer was staring in my home office window yesterday, kind of nose to logo with the framework lid. Does that count as “in the wild”? :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Stealing this off the framework-discussion Discord channel, this was spotted on the NASA James Webb Space Telescope live stream feed:

unknown

(credit goes to Discord user Avendor!)

NASA scientist or reporter? :thinking:

6 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, that’s Dr. Karl Gordon:
https://karllark.github.io/

Timestamped link to the above screenshot.

1 Like

You could spot mine at the Dublin airport right now!
I have never seen another one in the wild… I need to keep traveling,

1 Like

On the Fedora Project website you can see a Framework 13 with Fedora 37 as the featured image!

@matthartley#4934 on Discord (Framework Linux Support Lead) has confirmed in the Framework Discord has confirmed that it was not a prompted feature!
So Cool!

Sorry for light mode

4 Likes

Not necessarily in the wild as it’s mine, but have a pic of my framework puter (with skin) in front of Mt. Fuji in Japan :mount_fuji::japan:

9 Likes

Not wearing his hat that day. That’s a great view to have.

1 Like

We should add the photo to the Hokusai’s Mount Fuji pictures: Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji - Wikipedia :smile:

1 Like