FW 16 not booting/no bios with code 0xC5

Trying to boot my fw 16 but getting bgbg ggbb for the post code which I believe is 0xC5. I couldn’t find any information about what this error code means. I am using the Crucial CT2K16G56C46S5 which should be able to boot at least.

This is from the 13", so not sure if it applies to the 16" or not. Framework Laptop port80 codes · GitHub

Assuming this did apply, what would “Restore system configuration stage 1” mean? These errors seem to be power state related?

I wish that I could answer that. How are you trying to boot, from a USB drive? Can you get to the bios? If so, and this is a long shot, is secure boot turned on - some images will not boot if that is enabled.

There is no video output and as far as I can tell it has not reached bios. I havent yet installed any OS.

I’ve already tried:

• clearing the bios by unplugging battery & power
  • reseating ram a few times
  • booting without any storage connected
  • booting with only one ram module and waited for ~4 hours

I am curious to be enlightened by someone who can provide better clarity here than I. No video output is a bummer. I guess I would try opening the machine back up and checking all connections, maybe resetting the mainboard while you are at it. I would reach out to Support as well, as none of this is to be expected on a new system. Others have had success trying to boot initially with one ram stick, then adding the other. That doesn’t seem to line up with the POST code that you are getting, so I’m just grasping at straws hoping that something might help you out.

Sorry that you are dealing with this, I hope that you are able to get it resolved soon, and I wish that I were able to give you better assistance.

1 Like

I have gotten it to boot by tying each stick in slot 0. Only one stick in channel 0 boots. Adding the second stick causes it to not boot. Putting only the other stick in channel 0 also does not boot. Seems like I may just have gotten a bad memory kit.

1 Like

Glad to hear that you are able to get it to boot. Hopefully you get the ram replaced quickly.