FW16 Batch 11 Guild

Batch 11 bro here. Iā€™m still running a Ryzen 1600 desktop from 2017. The 7840HS has double the benchmark scores as my current processor. Frankly pumped

1 Like

Bro try 2015 MacBook Pro

Iā€™ll be happy if they deliver (or at least charge) by the end of H1, tbh. Wouldnā€™t be pleasantly shocked if itā€™s Q1, but given batch 4 havenā€™t had prep emails yet Iā€™m not expecting it to be the case. Hype regardless!

As I read here, Batch 4 received the ā€œWeā€™re preparing your batch!ā€ email on 8th of March, so I assume that Batch 11 will receive this email begin of May. Donā€™t you think so?

Edit: It might be the end of april!

Sounds possible if they move at 1 batch/week. The gap between batch 3 and 4 was bigger thanks to the supply chain issues, so that should be faster for the next ones.

Just donā€™t depend on it, could just as well by June.

3 Likes

Thanks to the eighth shipment email, I have a good feeling about us getting the batch prep email mid to late April, and people getting their laptops not long after! (Iā€™m leaning more towards mid rather than late April tho)

This is the specific part of the announcement that my guestimation is based off of.

1 Like

itā€™s hard to realize, but only now i saw where the batch of the order was written on the confirmationā€¦ for the longest time i thought i was batch 6, now i saw iā€™m 11ā€¦ yeeeee

All this talk about 2015 this, 2017 that.

My desktop is from 2010.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve preordered my SSD and RAM so that it hopefully arrives before the laptop. SSD is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I can make sure it works easily, but the RAMā€™s gonna take another 3 weeks because nothing exists in Australia :\

I mean hey if something goes wrong with the RAM at least Iā€™ll probably be able to know within 30 days

Almost time! From the times that people from other batches got their emails Batch 11 should get their emails around April 15th. :grinning:

1 Like

Here is my batch 12 projection. I hope for sooner butā€¦it is all a wild guess.

My non-US brain was like, wow, 5th of november is a really late and pessimistic prediction, then I realized itā€™s the 11th of may

5 Likes

The european format does make a lot more sense

2 Likes

Quite off topic: ISO-format (2024-05-11) is even better, as it is easily identifiable while not needing more characters to type. And will avoid the year-2000-problem for millenia to come :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m Dutch, but I always set my system locale to Canadian English because they use yyyy-mm-dd dates. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

In one way maybeā€¦
BUT,
I name a lot of files with yy or yyyy -mm-dd
And they sort correctly by default.
That matters the most to me.

1 Like

It does up until you need to name and archive stuff, then yyyy-mm-dd is drastically more usefull

4 Likes

Batch 10 just got their ā€œweā€™re preparing your batchā€ emails! Fingers crossed, we can expect ours next week :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Looking better for my batch 12.
These are estimates based on when a batch notification was made.

Hopefully we will get our emails around Monday.