Gamework (community benchmarks)

After playing a bit more, I feel like its actually lower then what I posted above. 40-50 running around, 30 when fighting. DX version didnt seem to change much. Switching from windowed fullscreen to proper fullscreen did. Now getting about the same as what you reported.

1 Like

Framework Specs: AMD 7640U, 2x16GB @ 5600MT/s CL40, Gen4 NVME, v3.05 UEFI.
Notes: Windows 11 Pro X64, Mainline AMD Driver (24.5.1, Hyper-RX Enabled globally) Plugged in (Official 60Watt), Best Performance power mode, iGPU Game mode set in UEFI

• Game: Satisfactory (Update 8)
    • FPS:
      • Min: 20
      • Max: 60 (locked)
      • Avg: ~50
    • Settings: Lowest available
    • Resolution: 1680x1050; Hyper-RX to Native (2256x1504).
    • Notes: This is testing with an ā€œearly gameā€ factory (maybe 15 hours). There is quite a lot of dropped frames while assets in the immediate area load, once the area is loaded however movement is a pretty solid 50-60 FPS. I understand that this game gets a lot more demanding as time goes one due to the number of assets in place, so long term play is probably not in the cards. I suspect that a lower starting res, and careful planning may expand the ability further.

Update: Have a few more hours into this game, a new driver (25.6.1) with a LOT more sprawling, and assets on screen, I am very surprised with the performance. With the same settings, going into phase 4, I have seen a minimum of 40 FPS, a Max of 62, and an average hanging on at about 50. This is still very playable where I expected it to turn into a slideshow.

Very excited to say I ordered a Framework 16! Obviously the 13 inch isnt much of a gaming laptop, but I do think it would be fun to compare the 2 of them. Might throw in my desktop and make it a 3 way race.

1 Like

11th Gen, Linux. The only games Iā€™ve had issues running are Counter Strike 2 and Dex. In Dex, the issue has to do with using a mouse with high polling rate and DPI, when I donā€™t move the mouse itā€™s perfect lol.

Thanks everyone for posting! Iā€™m looking forward to some more benchmarks! I have a FW 13 Ryzen 7 7840U on order. It will have 32 GB Ram 5600. NVME and running Fedora Linux. Iā€™m going to try some light gaming on it. My desktop can accomplish the heavy lifting. I am curious to see what it can do though. Iā€™ve been looking all over for benchmarks on the 7840U in the Framework.

I canā€™t wait to for it to arrive! Iā€™m batch 2, Q3. I think the new screen will be sweet! Iā€™m super curious to see what this laptop will run! Iā€™m hoping I can play some TES Oblivion and The Long Dark. Both are older games and both should run? Hopefullyā€¦

Iā€™m also going to try (for benchmark sake) a few others. I was hoping Baulderā€™s Gate 3 would work (as it did on my Steam Deck), but it looked terrible on there. Iā€™m assuming it will be the same on this chipset as it is about the same power.

Either way, share your benchmarks!

BG3 seems to run fine on mine, what problems did you have?

On my steam deck, it looked terrible! I was struggling to get 20 FPS with all settings on low and a resolution around 720p or something. I canā€™t remember. This was when it first came out. It may be more optimized now?

Iā€™ve since sold off my SteamDeck as it didnā€™t meet my expectations. I think a V2 of this in another year or two will be epic though! I LOVED the hardware though and really like what Valve is doing with it!

EDIT: As a side note, I have found this video super helpful as a newer Linux user. I still havenā€™t tried to game on Linux but will be when my FW13 arrives.

The amd framework does have significantly more cpu and gpu horsepower than the steam-deck, though optimization probably helps too. BG3 is for the most part single core dependent and those zen4 cores do have quite a lot of that.

Itā€™s pretty good recently, allmost everything just works these days, at least from the steam side.

1 Like

Heres a few games (not perfect tests because im stupid, but hopefully it gives some idea)
Framework 16, Ryzen 7 7840HS, 2x8Gb DDR5 5600, RX7700S, Windows 11

Red Dead Redemtion online: ~100 FPS, high settings (Vulkan), 2560x1600 with RSR
Helldivers 2: ~75 FPS, high settings, 2560x1600 with RSR
Deep Rock Galactic: ~165 FPS, high settings (dx12), 2560x1600 with FSR (preformance)

Notes: (Edited)
RDR Seems to very much care about the enviorment. Blackwater area was ~105, Valentine was about 80

DRG sometimes dips down to ~140, still feels very smooth

Im not very good at all this, but iā€™ll do my best to post my results when I feel like theyā€™re worth posting. Spent a decent bit of time optimizing games and still learning how to do some stuff. Regardless, hope this threat still helps some people.

1 Like

As an update to this particular Benchmark, I have finished the game as far as one can at this time (About 145 hours in). My most densely packed assembly area brought the framerates down to 30-32 on the low and and only about 40 on the high end. Still impressive to me at least, this was performed with the same settings, but the driver has been updated.

New Benchmark Below:

Framework Specs: AMD 7640U, 2x16GB @ 5600MT/s CL40, Gen4 NVME, v3.05 UEFI.
Notes: Windows 11 Pro X64, Mainline AMD Driver (24.7.1, Hyper-RX Enabled globally) Plugged in (Official 60Watt), Best Performance power mode, iGPU Game mode set in UEFI

• Game: The Thaumaturge
    • FPS:
      • Min: 28
      • Max: 40
      • Avg: ~ 34
    • Settings: ā€œSteam Deckā€ these seem to bottom out most of the settings.
    • Resolution: 1680x1050; Hyper_RX to Native (2256x1504)
    • Notes: Testing performed in a few of the ā€œoutsideā€ locations in Warsaw, there were frequent drops in performance when new assets load, and when particle effects are called. Combat was not tested during this benchmark, but I expect it to perform about in-line with the out and about performance if not a little better as there is less going on, on screen. If you can swing it, I suggest some level of AA as with the isometric view there is a LOT of shimmering on straight lines with the upscale tech enabled that can be distracting.
1 Like

Has anyone tried Hogwarts Legacy on the FW13 with the 7640 or 7840U?

I have it on PS5 and almost finished the story. Long story long, I have my PS5 packed up due to a move. I want to get it on Steam as it is on sale for $17.xx USD right now from full price. I can play it on my gaming desktop but would be more motivated to play it if the FW13 could swing it. Maybe I will just get it and try it if my FW13 ever shows up. :stuck_out_tongue: