Heat and ventilation FW16

Hello,

I’d like to know if it’s normal that from time to time when I’m not using a resource-hungry application, for example during Linux installations, the PC heats up and the fan spins loudly (more noise).

(FW16)

Yes, anything that uses storage, especially. The nvme drives produce a lot of heat. Compressed files like Linux packages will also utilize all cpu cores, which also produces more heat than most use cases. So a Linux installation or a large number of updates will get the fans moving quite a lot.

I also see the fans ramp up when freezing/exporting/saving large files to disk, as when saving large audio or video projects. This has been fairly consistent for me across several generations of framework and apple laptops. Every laptop that has had pcie storage, at least

I would call a linux installation pretty much the opposite of a “non resource hungry application”. Outside of the download phase the signature verification, decompression and installation parts are all pretty heavy and run as fast as possible.

Merci pour vos réponses.
C’est pas plus mal qu’il puisse travailler à fond de ses performances.

Je suis donc rassuré, ce n’est pas un problème technique.
En général il est silencieux, je l’utilise sans problème la nuit sans déranger personne :wink:

Chouette pc…