I was curious if anyone has painted their laptop frame? [chassis][Top]

I was curious if anyone has painted their laptop frame? I had a thought yesterday of taking the outer shell and painting it. Has anyone tried this? You could disassemble the laptop and hang the shell on a wire. Then hit it with spray paint and after it dried put a clear coat on it.

3 Likes

Question already asked

I think it’s a fair question to ask :smile: especially since that thread doesn’t mention any instances of people painting their frames themselves.

Anyway, I was thinking of this myself just lately! But have no experience or idea if that would work, or if some primer or surface handling would be necessary. Would be great to hear of some experiences on that.

And if not the whole frame, just painting on the expansion cards would be cool as well - for example to differentiate between different storage cards (instead of the obvious tape and/or sharpie, of course - we’re being creative and illustrative here :sparkles: )

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and yes no obvious answer to the initial query, just searching becomes a pain when the same question is asked more than once which is all so often. But this topic could be a more specific starter.

I suggest the OP could add the words [chassis] and [top] etc. to the title.