I5 Doesn't go to C states below C3 KDE Neon

To sum up for whoever in the future:

BIOS 3.06 is broken in some way
92HD95B is a piece of crap.

When the computer plays only a movie then audio is kinda fine, so when battery saving is needed then simply run this script to allow states, below C3:

#!/bin/bash
pkexec su -c "echo 9 > /sys/kernel/debug/pmc_core/ltr_ignore"

On AC it doesn’t matter anyway.
Power consumption went from ~12W to ~8W, which is fine since I have animated wallpaper, gen 4 SSD, and an HDMI expansion card.

I really want to see a decent audio amp in the expansion slot in the future.

1 Like

This is stupid. This codec sounds really bad so I am using PulseEffect just to equalize it, meanwhile, it supports 12 bands bi-quad hardware EQ. I want access to that, so I will not waste CPU for something that has hardware acceleration!

If any of frame.work’s engineers read that, please tell me how to poke bits into the register of that codec.

EVERYTHING I WROTE ABOVE IS NONSENSE

THIS IS VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT:

I WOULD HAVE SAVED DAYS OF WORK IF I WOULD KNOW ABOUT THAT:

So apparently I was going completely backward and this is a solution:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_management#PulseAudio

I just found out that the audio codec is fine, the CPU is fine and PulseAudio is a reason for all my troubles with audio and power saving. Because PulseAudio doesn’t go to sleep by default, it keeps the audio codec awake and the codec keeps the CPU in high C states, and all of that wastes ~6W of power.

But I was f* reverse engineering an issue. From CPU through codec to PulseAudio.

Looks like we have a ticket with you, I’ll meet you there.

In the meantime:

If you have specific feedback, feel free to post it - but do keep it civil.