International Keyboard

Will I be able to specify a Swedish keyboard?

3 Likes

Yes, we’re making sure to have local-language keyboards for each country before we start shipping there. Sweden will likely be in 2022 though.

7 Likes

Will I be able to specify a Swedish keyboard?

Assuming you might be a person who wants to use a Swedish keyboard but not living in Sweden. Though my suggestion might be a different topic, if you can not specify a Swedish keyboard soon, a temporary workaround is using the keyboard layout: compose key in US keyboard until you can.

Here is an example on my Linux laptop. You can experience the compose key environment by running the following commends on the terminal.

Reset the keyboard layout.

$ setxkbmap -layout us -option

Set the keyboard layout compose key with switch key CapsLock.

$ setxkbmap -option compose:caps

Print the current setting.

$ setxkbmap -query
rules:      evdev
model:      pc105
layout:     us
options:    compose:caps

Then seeing the following documents,

You can input the extra characters in Swedish like this.

• ĂĄ = switch key (caps) + o + a
  • ä = switch key (caps) + " + a

On Windows it seems there is a way to use the compose key, though I have not used it.

On Linux if you are interested in using other Swedish keyboard layout that fits the US keyboard, you can check man 7 xkeyboard-config - LAYOUTS, and can find some Swedish keyboard layouts.

1 Like

Danish keyboard too!

7 Likes

I double that.

all I needed to Push The Button.
I almost did in Nov but then I heard you’d be fully support my country in 2022 with EU rules in place and then hold back. I’m so ready to support the real world of repair-ability for PC with eternal till the metal stops being a thing. XD

3 Likes

there is news about Danish keyboards

2 Likes

Thanks nrp,
Are the plans still 2022?
The lack of Swedish keyboard is what’s holding me back.

/Patrick

3 Likes

”Sweden will likely be in 2022 though” - its soon 2023… do you think Santa will bring Swedish/Nordic keyboard for me?

Well, I missed Santa… any updates on when a swede can look forward to putting in an order?

Even better would be an ISO Nordic keyboard layout that would cover Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Estonia all at once (ie Logitech who sells the same keyboard layout to the whole region) and could be delivered through the already established EU hub.
The Nordic economic region is the third in size inside the EU after UK and Germany, with a very strong IT sector (Spotify, Klarna, Supercell, Dice, King, Rovio, (Mojang earlier), Ericsson, Nokia, F-secure etc, etc) with lots and lots of developers and early adopters; the very core-audience for Framework.
Is there even a way to request a Nordic ISO layout? The Region Request form focus on country, ignoring a broader regional solution covering more customers all at once.

2 Likes

Any news or updates on this?
Nordic ISO layout would be great, now that we can actually order from other EU countries.