Introducing the new Framework Laptop 13 with Intel Core Ultra Series 1 processors

Am I reading it right?

The 2.8k display is a configuration option on DIY Edition, and you can also pick it up in the Marketplace to upgrade any existing Framework Laptop 13.

It’s compatible with older generations of Framework 13? Absolutely :goat:

3 Likes

At the moment, it is only available with laptop pre-orders.

What was the original display’s specs? The marketplace listing doesn’t say it anymore I think?

BOE NE135FBM-N41 v8.2 (matte) 13.5", 3:2, 2256x1504, 204 ppi, 400 nits, eDP1.4, 40 pins, DC-mode dimming (not PWM)

Via GitHub - tlvince/framework-laptop-13-amd-7640u: Framework Laptop 13 AMD Ryzen 7040 Series device notes under Linux

1 Like

This was the panel they used BOE NE135FBM-N41 Overview - Panelook.com

1 Like

There is a problem with the previous matte panel minimum brightness only going to 21 nits. Can anyone share the data sheet for this new panel so we can see if this has been resolved?

Are there substential benefits to use the new thermal solution in an existing AMD 7480U?

Oh. That’s unfortunate.

Is the new panel a repurposed surface panel?
Same resolution, aspect ratio and refresh rate.
I also has rounded corners

Love seeing color options introduced for the expansion cards, the improvement to monitor resolution, and a non-Windows key making a debut!

Would love, love if the super key change made its way to other keyboards, particularly the Japanese keyboard!

1 Like

Love to see support for more countries, especially Denmark! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Going to get a 13 for my mom and 16 for my self, which has been super overdue for a while :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh man! So many little things I would have wanted as a new customer here. A higher res screen? Nice! A “super” key? Nice! A full size SD card reader for those two or three devices I still have? Nice!

Unfortunately I finally broke down and bought the microSD reader just a week ago. Haha. Oh well, microSD handles most of my devices anyway. Really only have 1 that actually requires a full size SD card and not just a micro in an adapter.

1 Like

Any indication on what the battery life is going to be vs. a Ryzen based Framework 13? With Linux?

2 Likes

Now we need a new rounded bezel to fit the new screen

1 Like

Does it support Thunderbolt eGPUs? The specs only mention USB4.

That display announcement… brought a tear to my eye…

1 Like

So is the International English Linux keyboard ANSI or ISO?

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Awesome!

This issue should be resolved now, thanks for letting us know!

1 Like