Introducing the new Framework Laptop 13 with Intel Core Ultra Series 1 processors

Love to see support for more countries, especially Denmark! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Going to get a 13 for my mom and 16 for my self, which has been super overdue for a while :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh man! So many little things I would have wanted as a new customer here. A higher res screen? Nice! A “super” key? Nice! A full size SD card reader for those two or three devices I still have? Nice!

Unfortunately I finally broke down and bought the microSD reader just a week ago. Haha. Oh well, microSD handles most of my devices anyway. Really only have 1 that actually requires a full size SD card and not just a micro in an adapter.

1 Like

Any indication on what the battery life is going to be vs. a Ryzen based Framework 13? With Linux?

4 Likes

Now we need a new rounded bezel to fit the new screen

1 Like

Does it support Thunderbolt eGPUs? The specs only mention USB4.

1 Like

That display announcement… brought a tear to my eye…

1 Like

So is the International English Linux keyboard ANSI or ISO?

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Awesome!

This issue should be resolved now, thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

I believe it can be added to your Framework Laptop 13 pre-order but it’s not available for pre-order as a standalone item.

Any ways to reuse my current display if I upgrade to the new one? Would be cool to be able to buy a control board and 3D print a stand for it so I can have an extra screen

9 Likes

I’m pretty excited for the new display! I preordered one. really looking forward to the high refresh rate.

I want HDR, the old resolution was sufficient (VRR and higher brighntess is nice!)

but IPS HDR since OLED/miniLED suck too much battery

LPCAMM2 for Zen 5 CPUs, I hope

Very very niche but

a 5G/WWAN option (or simply an antenna option/port(s) and a slot for the M2 card & SIM)

HDMI (or DisplayPort) input/passthrough: this is an extremely niche thing but could also be useful for capturing input / KVMs do it. The Minisforum V3 tablet also does it

The ThinkBook 13x G4 has a 13.5" 2.8K (2880x1920) IPS 500nits matte 120 Hz display from BOE (the same company that has supplied all Framework panels so far) with rounded corners (and the rounded corners visually match the corners on the new Framework display).

Framework is probably using that exact same panel.

NotebookCheck tested that laptop to have a minimum brightness of 5.6 nits. Source

6 Likes

Thanks for the lead. Looking forward to confirmation from a primary source so we don’t have to speculate!

Awesome, Ship of Frameworkseus lives on!

Any data on the power consumption difference between the available panels? And the power draw on the new panel running at 120hz vs 60hz?

As well as for the new webcam module. It’d be incredible if each part stated power draw levels — would help those of us who care about that as an extra variable in our purchasing equation.

1 Like

Placed an order for the Ultra 7 165H just now. Really excited! I’ve skipped a few generations. Hope this one is the one.

The panel was likely originally made for Microsoft, for the ARM Surface Pro (new, SD Elite X, with rounded corners)…and / or the Surface Pro 9 (old without rounded corner):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/d/surface-pro-9/93vkd8np4fvk?activetab=pivot:fulltechspecstab

Question regarding my order…I didn’t see an option to specify 3-year warranty. Is it because this option is only available for businesses?

1 Like

This didn’t get much momentum back then:

2 Likes

Afaik that has a 13" display with a pixel density of 267 PPI (and your image agrees).

Framework’s new display is 13.5" with 256 PPI. Same as the Lenovo ThinkBook 13x G4 (all other display specs I can find are also identical between Framework’s new display and the ThinkBook).