Introducing the new Framework Laptop 13 with Intel Core Ultra Series 1 processors

I guess there’s a batch 2 order date cut-off.

1 Like

Interesting.

When i ordered (or was able to order) the AMD version with the new screen etc it definately was Batch2 - Ships Q3 but looking at the order now ir has xhanged to Batch2 - Ships August

So yay :blush:

1 Like

We updated the Batch 2/Batch 3 dates with better estimation, hope this helps!

7 Likes

I noticed this yesterday also. That makes me feel more confident that mine will ship in August as I am Batch 2. :slight_smile: AMD 2.8K

I am very super extra excited for my first Framework. :smiley:

!!

4 Likes

Small update!
https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/s/C8GrD0jc0w

Not much of an update, we are simply consolidating the batch update posts under one thread this time on subreddit. We hope to start shipping pre-orders this month !

1 Like

I do too! I’m waiting on this to go to school. I’m scheduled to leave in Jan 2025, but can likely get into an October class. Hoping I can get this near the end of August so I can get it all ready to go. :smiley:

2 Likes

This was such a tease!

I saw a new FW 13 video from one of Linus’ channels. I was hoping it had the updates. I was hoping maybe they slipped something into the video that they weren’t supposed to. I didn’t notice anything. :frowning:

Josh asked some good questions:

With the way Nirav responded to the Snapdragon question…it’s in “monitoring” mode, it seems. We likely won’t a a Snapdragon offering until maybe the next round…if deemed viable for Framework.

With regard to the codec, EQ was briefly mentioned, does it mean / indicate Framework has now included a built-in tuned EQ?

4 Likes

I think it simply means they’re using the DSP built into the Core Ultra chips instead of anything separate, which should primarily result in improved power efficiency.

Soooo… batch 1 is supposed to ship within the next two to three weeks and we’ve heard nothing since the initial announcement. Would be nice to get an update if this estimate will hold. If not, that’s fine too but with an investment over 1000€ I’d appreciate transparent communication.

We have started shipping the laptops with AMD mainboards today as well as the new display kits. The rest will follow soon, thanks for your patience!

1 Like

Review is live

4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Hope to see some reviews of the 165H soon.

2 Likes

I got charged for my display yesterday, waiting for it to be shipped now. I’m very keen.

So, I was thinking about the performance reviews so far.

1. There’s no way that the Core Ultra Series 1 processors would be less efficient than previous Intel offerings. i.e energy required per given clock cycle.
  2. There’s no way that the IPC is worse, right?

Given 1 & 2: If the Core Ultra processor is given, say, 28w or 30w under sustained load like previous FL13, then we ought to see better performance.

I wonder if the (what I perceived as) somewhat lackluster performance benchmark is due to the power plan / profile tuning to aim for better battery runtime.

e.g. If we benchmark 1260p, 1360p and 155H against each other at 30W, the 155H should be the fastest one out of the lot. Yes, no?

Hum…what’s happening there with the Cinebench 24 multicore score? The max TDP seems low…does it need some LTT PTM7950?

Original thumbnail:

I use Upsiren PCM-1, it is actually a degree or two better and it is cheap as hell direct from the manufacturer.

Or Framework decided to release a dud and no tinkering will make a difference. Edit: Just watched the gimped TDP.