Inventory not updated on website / order status unclear

I ordered my unit a week ago (DIY) along with a ton of components. Just got an email stating one or more of the components are not available and were actually out of stock when I ordered them on the website. Unfortunately, their communication is so terrible they failed to notify me of which components! So now I am stuck wondering what is not available and should I cancel my order… Their responses to inquiries has been terrible. My suggestions:

• Ensure your inventory system is accurate, especially during the holiday season this is a no brainer.
  • When you have a mistake like allowing customers to order out of stock items, offer them a compelling reason to purchase, a discount, or toss in a product, do something to acknowledge the fact that you have impacted them.
  • Communicate… Your support communication is horrible.

Consider me a seriously confused and frustrated customer at the moment, It is increasingly likely I will just cancel my order so I may not be a customer for long.

1 Like

I ordered my unit a week ago (DIY) along with a ton of components. Just got an email stating one or more of the components are not available and were actually out of stock when I ordered them on the website. Unfortunately, their communication is so terrible they failed to notify me of which components! So now I am stuck wondering what is not available and should I cancel my order… Their responses to inquiries has been terrible. I didn’t want to order another MacBook but it looks like the safest bet with this lot.

@Michael_Jobe - that was definitely not supposed to happen, please contact Support about your order.

Our friend @TheTwistgibber has notified us that due to 3rd party logistics problems, the Refurbished Expansion Card Kit has been oversold. That is the only email about out of stock items sent recently, so odds are it was this item. If the item was not mentioned in the email, that is an error which should be corrected.

Again, please contact Support. They will take care of you.

1 Like

Yeah, support has not been responsive, I am stuck with email, twitter, facebook, and redit as support avenues it appears.

2 Likes

Hi @Michael_Jobe,

Indeed, this was a poor experience as our inventory system failed in this instance. The EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) integration for this specific SKU was duplicating inventory so it seemed as if we had plenty of inventory to cover orders. When orders were not shipping, we checked physical inventory and found that we were completely out. Our system failed us here and we only found out about this very late yesterday and were able to identify the affected orders this morning. We’ve notified all affected customers, including yourself, with an email an hour ago. It seems you emailed Support 2 hours ago and our Tier 1 staff is not on shift until 1pm PST (3 minutes from now). We respond to all inquiries within 1 business day.

We apologize for this system error and thank you for your understanding.

4 Likes

I understand issues occur, but your email made no indication of which items were not in stock, not to mention how I am to modify my order. If I go into my account there is no apparent way for me to modify a completed order. This is really concerning, someone approved an email going out to customers that ordered our of stock items yet you failed to indicate the items that were out of stock in that communication. That gives the perception that there are some serious process issues on the order fulfillment side. The lack of responsiveness in communications going back 4 days gives a strong perception of a lack of customer focus / empathy. I doubt, based on past emails that I will receive any response from customer support today.

1 Like

Hi @Michael_Jobe,

We included that information in the email we sent. Here is a copy for your reference:

"Dear Valued Framework Customer,

Following a review of outstanding orders, we have identified your order as including a Refurbished Expansion Card Kit. Unfortunately due to a system inventory error, we have oversold this specific item.

As we do not have line of sight to an exact date on when these will become available again, it has become necessary to either:

1. Cancel and refund the order entirely if this was the only item purchased.
  2. Remove this line item from your order and confirm whether you would like to proceed with the remainder of the order or cancel for a full refund.

If your order included other items (so is covered by option 2) please let us know before 10am PST on Monday December 5th whether or not you would like to proceed with the remainder of your order. If we do not receive a response from you by this time, we will cancel your order for a full refund. Please note that we are now in stock with most configurations, so there should be no delay if you decide to re-order.

If you decide to proceed with your order, and need Expansion Cards please let us know and we can raise an order for you with free shipping (using your preferred payment method) to ship separately.

We sincerely apologize for this system error and thank you for your support of Framework.

The Framework Team"

2 Likes

That is a modified email, not what I received. There are also no instructions on how to modify my order and it is not intuitively clear how to do so.

@Michael_Jobe that is not a modified email. I copied it directly from your ticket and we sent it a little over an hour ago.

4 Likes

We can agree to disagree, there are still no details on HOW to modify an existing order.

The instructions are quite clear. We will remove the oversold item (Refurbished Expansion Card Pack) if you let us know you still want the order. If you still need new Expansion Cards, we’ll create a new order with those Expansion Cards for you.

2 Likes

Respond to support which does not respond? It’s a shame, I really was behind this concept and I thought it was fantastic. Ultimately it looks like support, fulfillment, and supply chain issues are at work here that would impact me as a customer. I’m out.

We do not provide live Support. As mentioned in your ticket, our Support responds within one business day. You had submitted your ticket yesterday, which was responded to by our agent promptly. You submitted a follow-up response this morning, and our Tier 1 Support was not yet online to start their shift. They are now online, but I have responded directly to your follow-up inquiry, and we also included you in our mass email to affected customers.

We will go ahead and cancel/refund your order per your request. Thank you.

6 Likes

I requested through support (no response) to comp the expansion boards or cancel the order, that is the only fair thing to do at this point.