Issues with hdmi port cards

Hi there, I have the same problems with HDMI. Even with the Display Port card. There is also a problem with the Storage Extension card. It drops suddenly the read/write speed. The support told me I should not use “OS related operations” with the card??? Whatever this means.
For me it’s clear that there is a CONSISTENT design problem with the expansion cards. Don’t expect ANY to work properly.

Lily, I can’t even imagine what one might use a storage card for that somehow bypasses the OS… in any case i have not tried a storage card yet. but so far have not experienced issues with the usb port cards. in fact i have tried a few generic usb-c to hdmi adapters with this machine and they seem to be OK, unlike Framework’s own hdmi card.

My guess is that it is not rcommended to install an OS on it and boot to that drive as part of a dual boot solution.

nadb that makes sense

Just a hopefully final report on this issue. I saw that Framework is up to Gen. 3 on their HDMI cards so I tried one - same laptop, same monitor, same slot - and it’s been a few days now and it seems to be perfectly fine. So, YMMV as always but if you had/have weird issues with getting the original HDMI card to play happily with your monitor, it may be worth trying a Gen. 3.