Josh Cook's dual USB-C expansion card

EU here (Spain) I would definetely go down for one, for sure, no issues about deposit too. Essential to have PD ability for charging the laptop. If there is ability to also PD charge external devices (other direction), would be a definite bonus. Not sure if asking about external display ability too, is too much. (So basically it seems I want everything possible that a USB-C can…? Sorry!)

Only doubt I have is S/H. I hate it when it costs more than the product itself, so no idea how much that will end up being.

Put also a “1.5 expansions” option for people that are considering 1, and maybe two if the price/feature-list is good enough!

I can’t edit anymore … :frowning:
So put only 1 since it is sure that you want one.

USB-PD would be amazing - Interested in 2 (location EU), happy to put in a deposit.

I’m interested in at least one, probably 2. In the USA. And I can put up a few $$

Also getting a new IDEX 3d printer, so potentially can help out printing up a bunch of cases

Right now I don’t believe it will support EPR, but I will confirm. If you don’t know if you want it, just wait until I have 100% confirmed specifications and features. If you want one ASAP, regardless of whether it has PD, and you just want a Dual USB-C expansion card, you can place a preorder deposit here for 11USD, Stripe Checkout if you want more than one, then select that quantity, if you purchase through this link, you are authorising me to charge your chosen payment method, after I have notified you, this is fully refundable and may take up to 120 days to ship, but depending on volume this may increase. Shipping will be free to all locations that FedEx ship to. This pre-order will also be used to sequence shipping.

7 Likes

no rush but do yk roughly when you’ll 100% confirm features & specs?

In a week or so, depending on what the company I am working with says, but the 100% firm specs that will not be reduced are:
Dual USB-C with USB3.2 and 5V/3A

1 Like

I would suggest you also look at Elecrow as a possible alternative PCB/Assembly supplier.

1 Like

No, fuck them, they spam me with ads via my marketplaces and I hate them.

1 Like

any chance for 65 or even 100 watt charging?

This is a likely capability, but not confirmed

Does the 11 dollars cover the whole card or is it a deposit?

Deposit.

Is there a time limit like there was for the lte card? Only asking because im getting paid later this week

120 days is the limit right now for me unless I get a massive volume of orders (over 1k) and if you were referring to when the batch ends, there is none it just means that your order will be charged and shipped later (not by much though)

1 Like

Hopefully Framework starts up a creator marketplace soon! It seems criminal to have these amazing projects be buried in the forum.
I’ll order one later, good job with the project :+1:

6 Likes

There is enough space for USB-C and USB-A.

There’s even enough space for dual USB-A (which would require more space than USB-C + USB-A). @Sirene_Racker made a dual USB-A card (although this uses a hub that uses a hacky workaround not officially supported by the USB spec to allow one USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port).

4 Likes

It’s a great DIY option, but building a dual USB-A board for sale using off-the-shelf components another matter. Board mounted usb jacks need mounting pins to secure the shell to the board, and I don’t think there isn’t room for them. At least while also keeping the jacks far enough apart to actually allow normal plugs to be used.

1 Like

I would be interested, for 2 modules :+1:
I am located in the EU