Just configured FW 16, and second 2 TB drive does not appear

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

Are you looking into the forum because you’re having potential issues with your Framework laptop? Before creating a post, we may have a guide, FAQ, or thread that can hopefully help!

In the body of your post, please include those following details.

• Which OS (Operating System)?
    Windows 11

• Which Framework laptop (11th, 12th or 13th generation Framework laptop) are you asking for support with?
    FW 16

• If this is a Linux issue, please use the Linux tag or at least put Linux in the title.

• If there is no information pertaining to your issue or question, please let us know here: Framework | Support Framework | Support
    I go into disk manager and I only see the main 4TB drive and the Office ISO. The disk was displayed when I installed Windows as a choice, so I assume it was installed correctly. How do I recover my storage?

And also, my main SD is shown as encrypted with bitlocker, but I never chose to do this, and I never set a password for it, so what is happening?

Hi @James_Rome,

The latest Windows 11 installer turns BitLocker on by default. You can go and disable that. Google “Turn off Bitlocker Windows 11”

Your post might be better suited in the Framework 16 forum. If your other drive is “missing” it likely is not formatted like your primary drive was when Windows 11 was installed.

If it is missing from the Disk Management utility in Windows, reboot the computer into the UEFI firmware and see if the drive is still showing.

If it shows in the firmware then it just needs to be formatted to be a usable drive in Windows.

If it is missing in the firmware, then it may need to be physically reseated to ensure the connector is making even contact across all the pins. See the DIY guides in the Support area for guidance on reseating the drive.

A reboot made the drive appear.

1 Like