Laptop Shut Down and Wont Start

I was playing a game, left for 5 minutes, and when i came back the laptop was shut off. I tried turning it back on and it only flashed white for a second. After that it wouldnt. I opened it up and there was a red light. My laptop was plugged in the whole time. Idk what the issue is.

The red light indicates that the input cover was open, you also have mismatched RAM, this may not have caused it but would suggest fixing that, could you check the post code and tell us what the code reports.

Im new to this, how do i get the post code. Also by input cover do you mean the top of case the laptops in?

Post code info: My Framework Laptop is not powering on
The top cover is the whole trackpad, keyboard and power button.

Wonder if the shutdown you experienced is related to the Fix number 4 mentioned here in the BIOS 3.09 Beta release note:
BIOS 3.09 Beta release - Framework Laptop - Framework Community

Maybe give the new BIOS a try.

The left LED light wont blink anything and i tried resetting the mainboard. The laptop still wont turn on or power button wont light up. I assume that if i cant turn on my laptop, I wont be able to get the code.

Did you try resetting the mainboard?

Fully Resetting the Mainboard State - Framework Guides

Thats exactly what i did right before. It shut off once and couldnt turn it on again.

When you have time, maybe give it the USB-PD AND dumb USB 5v treatment.

Leave both of them plugged in for an hour. Then try to power up the laptop.

It may also be worthwhile trying to unplug and replug the ribbon cable between the top cover and the mainboard. If it isn’t seated properly the power button will not function.

I just tried leaving em both plugged in and have disconnected and reconnected it multiple times. Still will not even turn on.

I would recommend contacting support, there is a chance that there is a problem with the mainboard, or that there is physical damage to the connectors/ribbon cables. Support will be able to help you with some more in depth troubleshooting and can get you replacement parts if you need them!

1 Like

Already did that, might be the mainboard.

1 Like