Laptop Touchpad Left Click Isn't Working Properly

How

So how long has it been?

This thread was started on Oct 17, so about 19 days.

Yeah, that does seem long. The ticket might have got sorted into a lower priority queue. They have said that support is flooded right now. Don’t know what the delay is for lower priority issues. Certainly not ideal, but it is what we are working with at the moment.

Edit: Twist has indicated something else may be happening, looks like they’re looking into it.

We’re still plowing through with order modifications.This post on Reddit absolutely applies still.

https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/s/YgiL9AEI0F

We’re also reorganizing some things to better balance things out, but everyone is experiencing this atm.

Do not open a new ticket as it will not help rather just adds to the load.

We realize this isn’t ideal and are doing the absolute best we can.

1 Like

A few weeks means something else is at play here as there should be no tickets that old without a response. I’ll take a look when I start this morning.

3 Likes

@juchong Confirmed. We’ve been responding, and our last response to you was on October 18th at 8:50pm PDT where we’ve asked you for photos for troubleshooting. We have not yet received a response. This could be something related to your email domain (which seems to be a custom email gateway) and routing rules on your side. Please check your spam folder or routing rules for your email to make sure anything @frame.work or @framework.kustomerapp.com are whitelisted.

3 Likes

Looks like mine has the same annoying click behavior on the left side.
I sent a video to support last week, but I only received the automated confirmation so far.

Adjusting the trackpad alignment didn’t resolve the issue. Let’s wait for a reply from support.

My 13" 7040 series is affected as well, the weird behaviour has been there from the start on.

Informed support, now awaiting their response as well.

Update: I attempted the Rubbing Touchpad Fix Guide linked above, thanks for the hint, and moved the left top corner of the touchpad towards the keyboard.
Initially, only the left side of the touchpad was showing the two-click-points issue. Now both sides (mouse buttons) have that issue /0\

After exchanging several mails and even more photos with the support, framework suggested to RMA the input cover kit.

A few days ago a new order showed up in my account, but has not been shipped yet.

I received my replacement yesterday and finally got it installed today. The touchpad feels MUCH better! There was definitely something wrong with my original touchpad. I hope FAing it helps the team root-cause the issue.

4 Likes

Just for completeness sake: In the end, my whole input cover was replaced and now works like a charm. Shipping took more than a month though, later I learned that Framework took the effort of quality-checking all input covers they had in stock, it appears there had been some systematic issues with them or at least the suspicion of it.

Before that I went through several steps of dis- and re-assembly. While at some point the touchpad issue vanished indeed (though it wasn’t as good as it is now), I had damaged one of the input cover cables at some point, breaking the whole cover to the point where I couldn’t even switch on the laptop anymore.

TL;DR: There might have been systematic issues with input covers, which should be resolved by now. It might be possible to fix this issue by re-assembling parts, but be very gentle with the cables not to break some of the conductive lanes.
Otherwise, replacing the whole input cover works as well.