Laptop won't boot, LED flashing code

I’ve got a new Framework DIY edition today. Opened the box, installed ram, ssd, wifi card, and plugged in the battery. Plugged in the charger and pressed the power button. The button glows white, but I don’t get anything on the screen. I tried removing the RTC battery and waiting, but that hasn’t helped. Reinstalled the RAM in both slots 0 and 1 (only ordered 1 stick)
I’ve got 12 green flashes, then blue on 4 and 5 (bit 3 and 4) . What does this code mean? What else can I try?

How long did you leave it for after pressing the power button? I believe the first boot can take a long time, up to a few minutes, for anything to appear on screen - so you could try again and leave it for at least 5 mins?

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve left it powered on for more than 15 minutes several times. Nothing on the screen. Just the same flashing LED

Hello,
My AMD FW13 has alternating red/blue flashing led’s immediately upon power connection. Doesn’t boot or seem to otherwise power on.

I’m in a Cooler Master case, was booting prior to resetting BIOS.

Thanks!

Did you ever find out what it was? Mine is doing the same thing

Resetting the BIOS might have re-activated the Open Case detection.

You need to note down what the red/green etc. lights do.
They flash in a sequence, and then you can decode the sequence to understand what they mean.
It is sometimes easier to video the lights on your phone and then play them back slower and repeated in order to make sure you have them down right.
You can post the sequence here or search the threads to find out how to decode the “blinks”

For code see post above:-