Matte screen: bad angles?

Ok thanks.

I would think more along the, no pun intended, lines of it being a driver issue if they are so uniform. Even unplugging the screen may help. So if you get a chance to try another screen it may be useful to retry the current one again. To see if it was a driver issue or a screen manufacturing issue.

Without going back over the post, have you spoke to support about this?

No, thankfully my display is always dusty enough :joy: But in all seriousness, I can see them only if I really look for them in that specific angle. At that level of inspection absolutely all of my many displays are not perfect in one way or another and none I have owned (or seen) ever were.

I had a chance to take a closer look at my friend’s screen. As you guys suggested, these lines are visible on his panel as well, though not quite as noticeable as on my unit. I still found them to be a little bit distracting, while he isn’t bothered by them at all.

The bottom line: Most people seem to be fine with this Moire-like pattern and won’t mind it, but on some panels, these lines are more pronounced than on others and potentially bothersome. So if you are really sensitive, you might consider the glossy screen. :slight_smile:

I know exactly what you mean because my AMD version has the same. Extremly difficult to discripe, it reminds me a bit like the matt screen protector on a smartphone. Like the display of the framework reflects itself internally. Did you mention it to the support?

I did not. As @TheTwistgibber suggested that he does not think it would warrant a replacement without better imagery and as I saw the same lines on my friend’s screen, I didn’t really see the point.

Ultimately, Framework should consider switching to an aperiodic (e.g. random) matte pattern. This would eliminate any Moire.