Mini LED Replacement Display

Fair enough. Ill try making a model from scratch, i gotta get calipers tho.

How accurate are their STL files? If they are reasonable close modeling from an STL isn’t too hard, if they are not all the little slots and tabs for cable routing will be a nightmare

The mesh should be pretty accurate. The problem is there will be no differentiation between the different parts. If we are going to just take the mesh and go through and fix the model. How much harder is a from scratch model. Especially if we are excluding the extra foam pads.

Hello I just got word on this:

@Joseph_Schroedl Now it would be possible to make a new top part right? Assuming there is a way to source the magnets required?

2 Likes

This does help. But, the model is missing details of wire routing and magnet locations.

1 Like

for wire routing the length of the wire is probably more important as at least from my point of view, the routing would need to change to acomodate the new screen. The magnet locations are a bummer… I still do have my calipers though so theres always that way

just wanted to let yall know ive been and will continue to keep an eye on this thread, i would be more than interested in a upgraded display for the fw16 :blush:

1 Like

I too would be interested in a mini-LED screen for the Framework Laptop 16. :slightly_smiling_face:

One example site, there are many