October/Batch 4 Thread

I probably won’t be getting my package until tomorrow. It was in transit to my state but FedEx seems to have decided to take my package on a joyride across Tennessee. (I am 16hrs away from Tennessee)

1 Like

Same… it was actually sitting in my town most of the weekend but then FedEx decided to send it 4 hours away this morning.

Sigh, the wait continues. At this rate our Canadian friends will get theirs first despite the holiday and no weekend delivery.

1 Like

Hoping things hold, it’s showing “by 8 PM” tomorrow. It’s been sitting in the main hub 1 hour away from me for the past 2 days.

We don’t seem to have all the FedEx shenanigans you do, touch wood. I’m hopeful things will go according to plan. Of course, I have a family event to attend, what do you bet it arrives then and sits on my front step (hopefully undisturbed).

1 Like

Has anybody who ordered a DIY i5 model received theirs yet? I ordered on 6SEP2021 and received my “we’re preparing to ship your batch” email on 5OCT2021. I’m seeing on here people who bought the i7 model received theirs already, wondering if there’s a rough idea of when the i5 models are going out.

4 Likes

DIY i5 kits ordered at the very end of July are en-route. anyone in August and September should still be waiting for the second email (I ordered August 6. its been a long wait).

2 Likes

I’m still waiting on my August 13th order to be charged, the i5 diy edition.

2 Likes

sigh its probably going to be another week before we hear anything about our config based on supply shortages…

Anyone from Atlantic Canada getting their orders or shipping email yet? I ordered the i5 DIY with RAM but without SSD on 14th Sept. I just got the batch shipping email, but my card hasn’t been charged yet.

Worried that since I am in NL I will probably get my order towards the end :sweat_smile:

1 Like

FedEx decided to send mine on a joyride throughout the LA basin, apparently, because it got moved from 20min to an hour out late last night. Eventually they’ll deliver our packages, in theory :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I should have gotten the i7 instead haha

Feeling salty that I didn’t spend the extra $400 on the top-end i7. I would’ve done that if I had known I would get it earlier.

Oh well.

I’m not sure having the higher end model would mean getting it earlier. I recall seeing something from Framework Team stating this.

2 Likes

Trust me, you don’t need the higher end i7. Spending 400 dollars for expedited shipping is not the move. You’ll get it sooner rather than later just hang in there.

7 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who has their package being held hostage by FedEx. Hopefully future rollouts can use UPS/USPS

3 Likes

I’m in NS and was charged today for it. It should ship soon. I ordered the 1185G7 model though, and having been following this thread for awhile it seems that those models are less popular than the i5s, and so are shipping sooner due to less demand (I assume).

I don’t think geography would change the time it ships, but the coveted i5 model might take awhile to ship unfortunately

3 Likes

Yea I saw that post. But I also saw an Oct 2 order with the 1185g7 get shipped ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Like I said, just a teeny bit salty about it :salt:. At this point, I will just keep waiting.

1 Like

I got the higher end model and I just got the email about them finishing up the charge to my account. Nothing yet on shipping so I don’t think it would’ve expedited it much.

1 Like

In the words of the late, great, Earl Simmons “Y’all gonna make me lose my mind up in here, up in here.”

framework_waiting_email_meme

7 Likes

Alright, I suppose I can’t give FedEx too much flack for their nonsensical delivery route seeing as I just got my unit!

Hopefully everyone else waiting on their Frameworks don’t have much longer either

9 Likes

I keep getting excited when an email from Framework pops into my inbox, but it’s only someone posting a reply in this thread. :laughing:

8 Likes