October/Batch 4 Thread

Looks like the queue is based on CPUs and order date (first in, first out). i5-1135G7 (so far 33x folks posted) hit Batch 4 back in Aug/Sep, i7-1165G7 (at least 36x folks) ordered in Sep, and the i7-1185G7 is an oddball in I’ve only seen 8x posts (7x folks that posted order dates have all reported them at least en route if not already delivered).

I can’t help it. I see data, I’m going to make a spreadsheet to try make sense of progress.

2 Likes

Got it working, I’ll write a “first impressions” post. In fact typing this on my new beauty now! But good note about secure boot vs. live USB - that would explain why my nice fast USB 3.2 Gen 2 NVMe enclosure wouldn’t boot, while my ancient ADATA 16GB stick would. It’s a chicken-and-egg thing though, isn’t it? Can you even get into the UEFI without an OS installed? You should, but there’s a note from Framework that on first boot it goes straight to the boot menu, implying you can’t call up the UEFI to disable secure boot…

2 Likes

My fellow B4s,

Here’s the update on my order.

• 8/20 - Order placed
  • 10/4 - Preparing to ship your batch
  • 10/12 - Preparing to ship your order

Specs of my order:

• DIY i5
  • Non-vPro AX210
  • Type C Card x 4
  • Type A Card
  • HDMI Card
  • 250GB Storage Card
2 Likes

Order date: Sep 09, 2021
Framework DIY
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Expansion Cards
1 HDMI
1 USB-A
2 USB-C

I got the batch email around the same time everyone else did, but nothing else yet. Hoping that since I am seeing more i5s being shipped I will get an email tomorrow :crossed_fingers: :smiley: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh sweet! Glad it’s working.

I think after that first boot cycle where it does memory training, you can probably restart it & spam f2 to get into the bios. That’s what I was able to do! Interesting that older USB sticks are fine with secure boot, didn’t know it made a difference

1 Like

You’re lucky… What can I say? Makes me a bit jealous… But I’m happy for you nonetheless!

1 Like

Just got my i5 DIY delivered and setup with Windows 11 Education, a 1TB Sabrent 2280 and 32 GB Crucial 2666 MHz. I had the SSD and RAM lying around from when I wanted to upgrade a Razer Blade 15 but ended up building a desktop for gaming instead. Going to use the Framework for school and coding!

11 Likes

Omg… I’m drooling right now… That’s a good looking laptop man! Congrats!

3 Likes

Got “payment confirmed” email at 2:51AM EST this morning. That is less than 12 hours after the previous email. now waiting for my shipping email. If it goes out today, then maybe that’s delivery by Friday (west side of lower Michigan, so not too far from NJ compared to others on the West Coast)?

EDIT: So almost 12 hours later and my bank account doesn’t show the payment going out? why?

1 Like

Here’s still the waiting game for the card to be charged and what not…

4 Likes

Don’t forget to post around the link for that first impressions post if it’s not here in this forum :wink:

Ordered August 2nd.

Preparing to Ship October 13th!

Heads up to fellow Canadians my bank initially flagged the payment and it didn’t go through, had to verify I recognized the charge.

3 Likes

Had no problem here - the initial $100 deposit was the test. That went through and the main payment went through fine a month later.

3 Likes

@Fraoch I think you uncovered a slight issue that I am going to have setting up my laptop… I would like to just clone my 2.5" SSD from my old laptop to my new NVMe Drive by first booting from the SSD attached via SATA->USB 3.0 A cable. then cloning to the internal drive. does this sound easily doable, similar to what you did, but kind of inverted?

Use clonezilla and an external USB drive to store temporarily the image you’re extracting from your existing SSD or connect the SSD through USB as well and use it as source for the data and clone it live.

3 Likes

^^^ What Mike said. :slightly_smiling_face:

To be honest I don’t know what will happen.

Ordered mine late at night on September 26th. I know it hasn’t been that long of a wait for me, but I sure am getting impatient. I’m really excited to get this laptop in my hands and set it up!

3 Likes

I5 1135g7 with wireless, no memory, no ssd.
ordered 9/7
preparing to ship 10/4
preparing to charge 10/12

That’s all I know for now.

5 Likes

DIY i5
single-stick 16GB ram (plan to get a second module shortly)
500GB N750 NVMe™ drive
1 HDMI card, 2 USB-A cards, 2 USB-C cards, 1 250GB card

plan to daily linux on this machine for the first time, either ubuntu (which I have experience with) or Fedora

ordered Sept 8th, no updates since ‘preparing to ship your batch’ - starting to get into the refresh mania waiting for updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered the i7-1165 on Sept 19th, and got my “Preparing to Ship” message on October 4th. Hoping the get that follow-up email alerting that my card will be charged soon that others who ordered the same model on the same day are seeing today!

6 Likes