Open source EC for AMD based 13/16

We are opening sourcing the EC firmware for the Framework 16 and AMD Framework 13 projects here:

@Daniel_Schaefer and I will be posting build instructions soon, but currently we build in a cros_sdk environment with our own EC and Zephyr branch.

In our Framework 16 we have switched to a new EC and migrated to using zephyr.

Most of the work is in this folder:

We have a few changes to zephyr, so we build with our zephyr branch GitHub - FrameworkComputer/zephyr: Primary Git Repository for the Zephyr Project. Zephyr is a new generation, scalable, optimized, secure RTOS for multiple hardware architectures.

We will open up our repo config to get the environment setup so you can build using the environment soon.

This is still under development for our product launch so not all tuning is completed, some features are still under development, and some bugs are not fixed. Since no hardware is publicly released yet, this should not be an issue.

34 Likes

Was wondering if there was an update. I am interested in figuring out if possible to change keyboard layout via ec flashing. Thank you!

For Framework 16, the keyboard runs QMK, which is here:

For Framework 13, the EC is pushed to the branch above. So you could modify keyboard layouts if you needed to.
There is also a host command that you could use to remap keys. I think @DHowett has some examples of this.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! Iā€™m on the 13, will try to hunt down for host command