Ordering outside US using shipping forward

Contact support. They might be able to help you :wink:

1 Like

I am also living in Japan, and don’t care about a Japanese keyboard (I need the US) or power adapter.
If it will be easier to implement without a keyboard - please do it.

1 Like

I don’t think the keyboard is so much of a problem or effort to implement. I imagine the logistics of shipping, distributing, providing sales and return services, and Japanese language technical support is what is preventing them from selling in Japan.

If I wanted to successfully sell products in Japan all the above would go a long way when trying to succeed in the Japanese market. It’s a competitive market here against the Japanese tech giants like Toshiba, Fujitsu, and Sony because their ‘native’ company image. Asus, Apple, and Dell sell well here but they are huge companies that can provide native Japanese language support and customer service.

I am looking forward to purchasing a Framework laptop in the future but I think it will be awhile before I can easily purchase one without importing.

I got DIY model. Thank you.

2 Likes

I had a nightmare of a time getting my Framework machine into Japan using a forwarder. In the end I just gave up and had it sent to a friend’s house in California, and picked it up when I went to visit a few weeks ago. There was a post from a few months ago touching on this topic, but nothing conclusive.

Is there any word on when Framework will officially begin shipping here? I’d really like to order some more USB-C modules!

1 Like