Poll: Are you running Linux, Windows, or both as your base OS on your Framework laptop?

• Linux
  • Windows
  • Dual Boot Linux and Windows

0 voters

1 Like

I would just like to introduce here is a poll for Linux distributions only: Which Linux distribution do you want to use on your Framework Laptop?

1 Like

Linux Host with Windows in a virtual machine.

2 Likes

I run fedora with a windows virtual machine.

I’m using Windows Host with Linux in a virtual machine (WSL2) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

win11 and manjaro
i’m using linux 90% of the time

PopOS babyyyy LES GOOOO

I running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 at the moment, it’s just rock solid.

1 Like

I have installed Windows on my Framework 3 times, and Linux distros of varying types 5 times. The farthest I got was with Ubuntu 20.04 using Sway. It was near perfect. Then I needed to use some audio application that would just work and work flawlessly, and that was where I just was tired of tinkering with Linux (even though I love Linux in general).

I decided it is just more stable and easier to run Windows 10 and run Ubuntu or Fedora through a VM. I get all of the quality of life improvements found on Windows (trackpad driver being one of the chiefest), plus hardware driver stability (relative). When I run Linux through a VM it is rock solid as a result of the host. For me, right now, this is just what I need.

I lock Windows down using WPD.app and Tinywall and I believe this has been the best of both worlds.

The sweet spot I’m talking about as well.

2 Likes

My machine is on order but will be using Ubuntu 21.10, have been using Ubuntu for 10 years now and seen no reason to change :slight_smile: :grin:

I have Almalinux as my main OS in Framework then VMs with Windows10 and assorted Linux distro.

Try Linux Mint Cinnamon 20

1 Like

Dual booting EndeavorOS [primary] and Windows 11.