Possible heat fix

I’m not too tech savvy, or smart but I think I found a solution.

I have decked out my laptop to be dissapointed by heat and bottleknecking!

Upon doing research, I found people who were missing cpu stats in Adrenaline, which I quickly figured out that I was missing too.

Upon downloading (first ryzen master to find out it didn’t work so maybe it’s part of solution) “RYZEN CONTROLLER” all my problems went away (so far). the game that was bugging me all day bc of bad frames finally runs smooth, with no jets taking off!

Idk how to underclock and all that stuff so I didn’t really mess around, but now my laptop runs smooth I’m happy.

Didn’t feel right not to share asap

2 Likes

i have installed fresh windows 11 , and de bloted it , mean removed unnecessary junk through github win 11 deblot project and also set power options to power saving from best performance and am running nothing even in ideal state the cpu bottom is very hot and and also keyboard hot too , burn finger tips , hard to use this laptop , its junk

can u please provide more info on it , i not get it how u fix heat issue , u download what ?? app name pls ? and any changes u made etc , step by step nooobs guide will be appreciated as a lot of people have this heat issue with fw16 laptops

Since you are on Windows 11 do you have anything like HWMonitor or HWInfo installed that will give you temperature readings? Or if you go to the Task Manager Performance tab the temperature of the 780M should be pretty close to your CPU temperatures.

1 Like

ok let me install HW monitor and check temperature

ok here are some screen shots

the bottom is very very hot , can give 3rd degree burn to legs , also keyboard hot , very very uncomfortable to use burn finger tips , seems like FW quality checking team was sitting in Alaska during thermal testing of laptop lol

this laptop have serious heating issue i can tell , FW should work on its fan control software , its burning and i not see any noise of fan its totally dead , seems like in race of fan noise they totally silent it forgetting that silencing fan mean heat problems .

Which part of the keyboard is becoming too hot to touch? If it is the left side those temps for that Samsung 990 had a toasty maximum but nothing else really appears to be running hot.

ya left side is heatup alot compare to right side , and left side bottom too , when i was installing 990 pro ssd the ssd chips were up side , so not sure what’s heating the bottom side then ?

also this mean samsung 990 pro ssd is not meant for laptops , so i need to buy new SSD , any recommendation for super cool ssd which is meant for laptops and have not heating issue .

• i have heatsink which comes with 990 pro ssd , i guess it cant be installed in FW16

thanks

On Linux you can manually set the fans to go quicker than normal, so more noise, but less hot keyboard using an ectool.

You destroyed your system, congrats. As your Windows install is now in an unsupported state, anything could happen. Reinstall the OS and stop using snake oil nonsense on it.

lol what do u mean by destroyed ? lol looks you are bill gates , lol de blot mean remove unwanted stuff from windows like candy crush games and other crap , make it light by default it come with a lot of shit .

2 Likes

Candy Crush, advertisements, and unwanted Telemetry make Windows run more efficiently and safely, obviously.

2 Likes

All of your screenshots look normal. Your CPU is sitting at mid 40s and drawing about 5W. The max draw reported is 15W since you started the HWInfo session, so nothing is stressing it either. I’m assuming you don’t have the dGPU module since it’s not reported.
All your thermal sources are reporting fine, a CPU at 40* is not causing 3rd degree burns, your keyboard can’t rise above the temperature heat source. Same with your SSD, RAM, etc.

Are you plugged in at this time? The only other source of heat I can think of here could be a charging circuit issue. Is the heat on the same side as your charging cable?
Are you using the PD charger FM sells or another? Have you tried charging from other ports, or taking out the USB C adapter and plugging directly into the motherboard port?

1 Like