Power Button Fails to Start Laptop after a day or three switched off

Hi @Giuseppe_Naylor

You don’t say which version you have, but yes with the 11 Gen chips there is apparently a flaw in the Intel chip that once the BIOS/RTC battery discharges it hangs and so a ‘mainboard reset’ is required.

Given the above I doubt it’s the same issue but maybe a) a faulty battery b) the battery is poorly seated and isn’t being charged efficiently or c) the battery holder is not soldered properly.

You may want to remove the battery, clean it etc. and check.

Official support will no doubt help and may send you a battery if they deem it at fault, though it may be quicker and less stressful to buy a new battery and try that

This happens if the ML1220 isn’t charged regularly for 1 hour a day, or some 7 to 8 hours a weeks etc.

A fully charged new battery should keep the charge for at least two weeks not two days.

Wow. So the main battery is fine. Version of BIOS is 3.10, with the 1135G7 main board. Your truly missed the whole point…

A CMOS battery that doesn’t work or hold a charge. I have literal 12 year old laptops where the CMOS battery still works. After a week… Hard reset on the main board because the CMOS battery is not charged?! What if I take a vacation and decide not to turn on my computer?

I was truly hoping that this would become my daily driver. The upgrade path alone is worth it… But not at the expense of unreliability. It’s gotta turn on when I need it to turn on. That’s just basics.

Sunk cost…thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t think so