Power button

I purchased the Mainboard (11th Gen Intel® Core™) for a project where I am not planning on using a Framework case. However, I cannot seem to figure out where the power button on the main board is located. Any help on this would be appreciated.

There’s a little button on the top right corner of the mainboard and if you press it, the mainboard should boot.

I don’t really see anything in the top right corner, I have included a picture.

Does the thing under JECDB not turn on the mainboard if you press it?

It doesn’t seem to press in at all.

Not sure if your board is a different revision or something but from my 12th gen board, there should be this switch.

mine is the 11th gen. I also need to figure out a way to add a switch, solder leads to the board or something.

Press the black dot in the middle. That is the power button.

The button on the official coolermaster case presses that switch.

1 Like

So, this is what I am trying to build…

Framework Cyberdeck - DIY Portable PC - YouTube

This is what I think I am gonna have to do, has anyone tried something like this before?

That’s going to be risky. If you’re not experienced with soldering to surface mounted components of that size, I would not recommend trying on the mainboard until you practice and gain confidence first with similar surface mounted components.

A community member created a breakout board that provides safer and easier access.

List of company or individually driven projects

that looks amazing, unfortunately it’s apparently sold out.

Ask in the Input connector shim thread.
Last time it was out of stock, Arya had more already assembled even, just had to update the stock on Tindie.