Recently switched from ubuntu to windows 11 and cannot get wifi to appear

I just recently switched over from linux to windows, and the initial switch was fine, i got all my files backed up and activated my windows, but i did everything with ethernet connected. When I went to unplug my ethernet cable i noticed there was no option to connect to wifi… I’ve downloaded all of the proper drivers and even updated windows, restarted my laptop a few times, and even updated the bios and still nothing I’m positive I downloaded the correct drivers so not sure whats wrong with my laptop.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you don’t have the F10 key Airplane mode enabled. Check to see if you have Bluetooth.

So are you using Win 11 and did you get the drivers from the Framework download?

1 Like

Also you can check in Device Manager or in Control Panel to see if any Network Adapters are detected.

If Bluetooth is working but WiFi is not, that is likely a missing driver as it means the card is detected.

1 Like

It is a good idea to verify the checksum of the downloaded FW drivers bundle. Other people having problems installing the drivers, found that the downloaded file was corrupt and simply downloading it again fixed the problem.
Other people had to install a wmi component before the driver would install.