[SOLVED] Problems with driver updates

I have some problems udating my drivers,

• I’m using Windows 11 (bought from the oficial Microsoft Online store)
  • Win11 Home
  • The laptop is a Framework 16 from… I believe batch 21.

I did a clean install of Windows via Rufus as the guide told me to, I managed to get Windows itself working but so far could not connect to the internet due to still needing the new drivers. I downloaded the driver package “Framework_Laptop_13_and_16_AMD_Ryzen_7040_driver_bundle_W11__2024_04_02” and put that onto a USB stick. But, whenever I want to install them, I only get a ‘Parameter is incorrect’ error. According to MSinfo32, my BIOS is already on 3.03, so I didn’t update it explicitly.

Hi,

I don’t know exactly why you are having problems but I thought I would mention a few things that might help.

1. Copy the driver package from the USB onto you newly installed Windows 11. The destination being any new folder on the disk should be OK.
  2. You can install the driver package before activating the windows 11.
  3. When you run the driver package, it should open a command window and then install the drivers with a display like this:
    Step 1 of 8 …
    Step 2 of 8 …
  4. The drivers should be installed as an admin user.
  5. The drivers are for windows 11, which you have.

Hi,

I already copied the drivers into the download folder of the laptop.

And the terminal does not open, I simply get the error message, I tried both just double clicking normally and explicitly running as administrator.

Edit: typo fixing

I have not tried, but I think you can unzip (using 7zip) the package (.exe) and then install each driver manually.
You can maybe open a powershell as admin and run the .exe from there. It might give a more useful error.

Hi,

Have you tried moving the files to another directory than “Downloads” and run the install from this location ?

(Happened to me that some installs of other software failed on windows when triggerred from files located in “Downloads”. Namely if files need to be unzipped in the process)

Hi,

I just tried both the Documents folder and the Program Files folder, both of which yielded the same error.

Hi, I tried running it via powershell and got this error:

Edit: Fixed typos

[deleted]

Got this instead:

I am thinking that maybe the file was corrupted when downloaded.
Does the sha256sum checksum match the Framework download site:
6e08a1080668b0d20e90483adb79ed76d83d376c26bea438030f40038d4a60f8

certUtil -hashfile filename SHA256
Where filename is:
“Framework_Laptop_13_and_16_AMD_Ryzen_7040_driver_bundle_W11__2024_04_02.exe”

1 Like

Oh Arceus, it does not, it begins with ec something, I’m sorry, I’ll download it again

I downloaded it again and checked, at least on my main PC, the hash matches, I’ll copy it over and check again on the laptop

Thank you so much! It seems to work now, it’s currently installing the drivers, will update if any other error crops up or if it now can finish normally (which I presume it will)

Thanks so much again :smiley: It worked, the laptop is jnow connected to the internet and I can resume properly getting everything settled. Once more: Thank you

2 Likes