Requested display does not exist or is not connected to any adapter

Im trying to game and I have the 7700S dGPU on the FW16. I get a lot of crashes and misc errors when I do. So I fire up 3Dmark and get the error “Requested display \?\DISPLAY#BOE0BC9#5&107801a8&0&UID768#{e6f07b5f-ee97-4a90-b076-33f57bf4eaa7} does not exist or is not connected to any adapter”. What does this mean? how do I fix it?

Overkill Prebuild:
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7940HS
32GB (2x16GB) Memory
1TB Storage
Windows 11 Pro
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
Keyboard: US English
Power Adapter Region: US / CA
Numpad: Numpad Module
6 x USB-C
HDMI (3rd Gen)

1 Like

Try grabbing the drivers right from:

I just noticed the ones Framework provided were out of date and had no option to update. Also when I installed the full Adrenal software from AMD, I got a bunch of other options that were missing from the Framework driver pack. I was able to color correct, and do a lot more.

Thanks for the reply.

I just did that and it’s still giving me the error in 3Dmark and games still crash the system. I’m usually fairly savvy, but I haven’t used AMD in a while so I don’t know how this compares to the nvidia/intel pairing… I sent a bug report to AMD, but in the meantime, I’m wondering what else can be causing this…

Edit: I also did a DDU wipe and reinstall using the package in the link, still has the same behavior. with everything being so tightly integrated I don’t know if this is windows, RAM, dGPU, Mainboard, and/or thermal issues… I also don’t if I should be using SmartAccess or Hybrid, but it doesnt matter as games still crash the system, but I can get 3Dmark to work using Hybrid. At least my CAD/CAM software hasn’t crashed it yet, but I suspect it’s because it hits the system hard for a minute at a time…

Smart = one GPU is active at a time and the AMD software chooses. However you can override this per app.

Hybrid = both GPUs are working, and fewer applications are OK with this. Just SLI died a long time ago and this similar.

i think i find the workaround, i have the same issue as yours.
First open any app that would enable SAG and change to dGPU mux.
And than open 3dmark. Then close the previous app and proceed the test.
This worked for me.