[RESOLVED enabling touchpad while typing] Gaming(GTA/CS) on FW13 Ryzen 5 (in Fedora)

I have downloaded the shadercash and CS seems to run pretty well… I read that fedora has a fan issue on the latest kernel, so I should be using the 6.7 for gaming? I also think mine doesn’t spin fast enough and gets a bit loud on 6.8, so I might do that.

I also have not quite figured out how to enable touch while typing where another post linked to the following code

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.peripherals.touchpad send-events enabled

(RESOLVED by doing):

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.peripherals.touchpad disable-while-typing false

But my real question is if I should even bother downloading GTA5 on it, will it even work with proton experimental and what if I get the shadercash for it ?? Or should I not even bother?

GTA5 runs on a potato performance wise and has a gold score on proton-db so I don’t see what the pessimism is for.

My expectation was I need at least a Ryzen7 for bigger games that require 100gb downloads, but this is good news and its not pessimism, I just have zero perception of what hardware is capable of nowadays since I only used a surface go tablet to watch some videos for like the last decade and grew up on consoles before that.

There is not as much difference between the ryzen 5 and 7 as you may think, especially in cases like this.

You got more performance than a steam-deck and they run all kinds of stuff on those.

1 Like