[RESPONDED] 11th Gen Intel Core BIOS 3.17 Release

Finally updated to 3.17 and it seems that this issue persists. Hopefully the team gets around to fixing this, it’s annoying for those of us that have 6E APs.

1 Like

You likely haven’t. Clearing CMOS resets this and that is what happens during BIOS upgrade, presumably.

Kernel 6.1.9 on 3.17 displays the same behavior.

I’m curious as to what major regression has been found that has prevented this from going to a full release. Also, is there a timeline on the full release?

3 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Power button LED behaviour

I was wondering if there’s any word on 3.17 being finalized or if I should just go ahead with the beta? Beta’s been out for some time. Thanks for all your hard work! @Framework

4 Likes

I upgraded via lvfs on my 11th gen main board and had no hiccups in the process - however I do have the issue (mentioned in the 12th gen 3.06 BIOS thread) of having to reset USB-A and HDMI cards after rebooting.

I’m a general Framework fanboi, but it’s getting hard to not notice that we should expect a non-beta release “in about a week” is “about 4 months ago”. I don’t have any bios complaints so I’m not itching for it … but it just seems sloppy to leave that unaddressed.

Perhaps you should edit the very-visible pinned topic to correct this and perhaps provide an update on what’s going on?

7 Likes

Yeah c’mon Framework, push out the final version or just admit you have dropped active support for the 11th gen.

6 Likes

Non-beta was probably delayed to be a release with the support for the new battery module mentioned in Framework | 13th Gen Intel® Core™ and AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series join the.

1 Like

Or just too busy with all the new stuff? :thinking:

2 Likes

@Kieran_Levin ; @SquidWorks ; @TheTwistgibber ; @nrp

Is it possible to update the community on what’s happening with the 11th gen BIOS update please?

5 Likes

looks like 3.17 was posted to the 11th gen driver page a couple days ago? Framework Laptop BIOS and Driver Releases (11th Gen Intel® Core™) April 6 2023 4:48pm
BIOS Update
WIN 10 Download BIOS 3.17
WIN 11 Download BIOS 3.17
Linux BIOS 3.17 EFI Shell update

6 Likes

Good catch!

@Kieran_Levin So, the label “Beta” will be removed from BIOS 3.17 on this thread’s title?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Mike and thanks

I’ve made a new topic with your news to ensure others get the message.

All the best

1 Like

I think the post will be too old to edit now.

@Usernames Not at all, I could edit it now. But I won’t because I’m not sure I should.

1 Like

Well I thought of that but then all the content would be a bit inconsistent hence I started a new topic for people who search and of course for anyone wanting post such updates would have a clear run on the topic of being a full release.

I’m sure you must have seen it.
https://community.frame.work/t/11th-gen-intel-core-bios-3-17-6th-april-2023/29332
@GhostLegion maybe this one could be closed and/or redirected ?

@amoun Not a mod lol, I can’t close topics anymore than you can. People with “Regular” status can edit titles and change classification but that’s about it. That and when we flag posts, the post gets instantly hidden instead of requiring multiple flags.

1 Like

Yes, I have seen your thread. What is the “inconsistent” content?

I would prefer to continue to use this thread. Because it’s about BIOS 3.17. It’s still the same binary file. The beta/non-beta is just the label to describe the status.

1 Like