[RESPONDED] Running into weird graphical errors

Ok @Loell_Framework, I checked the connectors and they seem pretty solid. The one going to the back of the panel on the left side seemed a little askew, but there was no give in that connection, so I think that was as connected as it gets.

I ran a temperature scan on as many sensors as I could find and even when I am seeing the screen shadows, it looks like everything is falling in safe ranges. 35-45C.

Now one thing that did seem a little odd to me, is that I noticed that the second the screen pops up its brightness, then is when it starts showing signs of the ghosting. Not sure if that points to anything in particular, but I’m sure it isn’t a coincidence.

hmm, is that the brightness indicator at bottom? does it increase brightness when it pops up?

No, it just seems to pop brighter with no real indication that the brightness increased. I don’t think I have any auto-adjusting settings either.

and Is their ambient lighting option on ubuntu’s system settings?

yeah I turned all of the auto ambient settings off. Brightness only changes on my command.

Ugh seeing the burn in again. It slowly gets brighter and brighter until the screen is mostly white

Yeah this definitely feels like it is with entirely the screen.

Well then, if there isn’t anything else that you can think of that we can test, I guess Ill order a new screen when the next check clears.