[RESPONDED] Ubuntu 22 brightness keys not working

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know.

I am helping set up a new Framework laptop running Linux Mint. The brightness keys are not working, nor is there any way to adjust brightness.
I’ve tried every example listed here to no avail.

I run MX Linux on my Framework laptop with no issue. The buttons also did not work on a plain Ubuntu.

Which model of Framework 13? 12th and 13th gen, please see our guides. 11th and AMD, will not use the commands I’ve explained above.

Hello everyone,

I just want to shoutout everyone who posted here and especially @Matt_Hartley: I had the exact same issue on my 12th gen Intel Framework laptop 13 running Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon.

The discussion in this thread and the Framework Ubuntu readme were spot on and really worked for me: I can now adjust my screen brightness with the appropriately labeled function keys!

The only thing I changed was using nano instead of gedit as the text editor.

Thank you all so much.

2 Likes

After a very long day, reading this made my day - thank you so much for taking a moment and writing this. It is appreciated! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all. I am running a 13th gen laptop that I just installed Xubuntu 22.04 on. Not being able to change the brightness was bothering me until I followed the directions at https://github.com/FrameworkComputer/linux-docs/blob/main/Ubuntu22.04LTS-Manual-Setup-12thGen.md which worked for me.

Yep, following the official 22.04 guide is the way. :slight_smile: