Snapdragon X Elite (ARM)

Are there plans to introduce Snapdragon X Elite in the future? I want to try X Elite. Actually, if the framework had added a new line, I would have bought it right away.

1 Like

If Windows-on-ARM becomes popular, I’d be very surprised if Framework didn’t create a motherboard that uses an ARM CPU. It’s likely too fringe a platform for the moment, but there’s a good chance that will change in the future.

That said, I doubt anyone at Framework has the time to do much more than think in passing about such things at the moment, with the Framework 16 rollout. Give them at least a couple weeks after that. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve wanted to see a FW13 carrier board for the ARM based Raspberry Pi CM4 (and soon to be CM5) boards. It would take the place of the mother/main board and allow for a thin, light, and power sipping Raspberry Pi laptop.
Maybe they’ll collaborate in the future, but who knows.
:grin: :crossed_fingers: :pie: :computer:

1 Like

If you’re into that sort of thing then you’d be better served by the MNT Reform. They already offer a Pi4 compute module as well as one that uses a Rockchip 3588 that is, I believe, an even more powerful ARM processor than the latest Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

It would be amazing, except for how ram is directly soddered onto the chip. This decreases upgradeability and goes against the whole concept of framework.

1 Like

It may be compatible with lpcamm