[SOLD] Framework 13 7840U Board With 32GB RAM

SOLD!

Device: Framework 13 AMD 7840U mainboard with 32GB Crucial 5600MT/s DDR5 (2x16) RAM attached.
Included Parts: The board itself, two RAM sticks on it.
Original Purchase Date: Arrived early January, 2024. Board’s guesstimated runtime under 24hrs.
Region/Country: USA, Los Angeles area. (Potentially New England area too)
Price (and accepted payment methods): $580 board+RAM. Zelle preferred.
Shipment option/shipment price: In-person only
Pictures of the actual laptop/parts: See below

Detailed description:

The guesstimation of accumulated on-time of this board should be under 24 hours as I’m not actively using it, it never left my room since delivery. Never subjected to liquid or impact.

No visible dust accumulation on the heatsink, re-paste is unlikely needed. All onboard connectors, such as the RAM socket, keyboard connector, only has one or two cycles from initial assembly. It is currently in the complete laptop it came in, and I’ll pull it out if a potential sale is possible.

The included RAM sticks are older, from October 2023 if I recall correctly. They were briefly used in two other laptops (under my control). No damage, functions well, disclosing for transparency.

Issue Disclosure:

AFAIK, the below issue(s) are NOT unique to this board and is universal to the lineup, verified by me personally testing other Framework AMD13s, and by other community members testing their laptops. However, I still feel obligated to disclose them, as they are the reason I’m considering selling it.

• Confirmed compatibility issue with certain high speed USB-C NVMe-based SSD enclosures.
  • Potential compatibility with Apple devices equipped with USB-C ports.

Please search for community posts (AMD13 and FW16) for more details, they have been well-discussed. The investigation is ongoing, I don’t know if a future BIOS update will address them, the board is under warranty and I can inform Framework support regarding the transfer of ownership.

Transaction Details:

I’m visiting California and will be in LA area mid-August, which is the timeframe this board will be available. I might also consider New England area. In general, I’ll only meet at a local police station, I may make exception if you are a reputable community member but don’t count on it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, thank you.

Hi I’m from Long Island NY. I’m interested or even local enough for you.

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Definitely shoot me a DM, let’s see if we can make this happen.

Best,
Jason