Sub OS Level Remote Desktop or Wake on (W)LAN Support for Framework 16

I have a servo myself, I don’t have experience with that card. @DHowett can hopefully share more about it.

1 Like

I have consider the same issue for myself but I think desktops these days are using 180 watts even on idle and I just couldn’t justify it from an environmental perspective. So I’looked at the framework. I have never taken my 11 year old Samsung laptop out of the house.

This is most definitely not true.

Depending on many factors, desktop idle power consumption these days can be as low as 20W.

2 Likes

Ok… that surprises me. I’ve read that minimum idle draw is usually around 180. I’ve only got one useful response from a PC builder on this and they said 300 idle for a PC with a decent graphics card and 180 without.
I think the draw of the latest Intel processors was around 25 and the same again for 64GB of RAM so around 50, plus a bit for the hard drive. I can’t imagine where the rest is going.
Maybe this isn’t really the best place to be asking but I’ve struggled to find more information on this. Does anyone have any more detail please?

I agree it is difficult to find any decent resources on this topic.

This is a good introduction with some real information.

Also this is an interesting thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/190tna4/comment/kgtba3g/

1 Like

Thank you Matthew.