Touchpad "crunching" on the right side

when I click on the left side of my touchpad, it seem normal.
when I click on the right side of my touchpad, there is a loud noise and it is very hard to press down. That side is raised compared to the left, and it seems the touchpad is physically catching on the side of the frame that surrounds the touchpad.

if I could adjust the level of the touchpad, I could get it to stop catching, does anyone know of a way to do this?

I dont have my framework laptop yet, so all I can do is speculate, but looking at the touchpad picture at the marketplace, it seems like it is secuded by four screws. You will have to take out the battery and loosen them a bit so you can realign the touchpad.

EDIT: Here is the proper guide: Touchpad Replacement Guide - Framework Guides

I didn’t contact support yet, that was my next step if no one could help me here
I will try out your method, thanks

I tried this two separate times but it didn’t fit my problem. maybe I will have to sand it down or something… dissapointing

We have a guide around Touchpad rubbing specifically here: Touchpad Rubbing Fix Guide - Framework Guides

If you’re seeing this still occur after that, please reach out to support: Framework | Support

1 Like

The touchpad alignment was never the issue, I found that the one of the metal tabs on the touchpad was coated in a strong adhesive, and the tab was sticking to the receptacle under it.
I removed it with acetone.
The black paint on the tab came off, but it seems like it was just cosmetic and not important conductive paint.
maybe you could put that in the guide?

Thank you so much for the hint, that was indeed the issue for me as well! I used some Isopropanol and a q-tip and only removed the residue, not the black paint. After reassembly, everything is fine again.

1 Like