Unable to boot up Linux Mint 22

Hey folks,

I am trying to get into Linux, using my FW13 (12th Gen Intel i5 CPU) and Linux mint (Mint 22 - cinnamon), upon etching the iso onto a thumb drive I tried booting from said drive with success. However I was unable to start the installation procedure at that point and when retrying it a couple days later the only response I got was the following.

Screenshot 2024-10-23 214806

as a complete noob I have no clue what to do with this, I tried redownloading the .iso and toyed around with the boot manager (diabled secure boot and the like) but all to no avail, Linux mint would start up without the above message.

I hope I gave you all nessecary info to help me on that, again I am new to all that so apologies if I forgot something.

Try resetting your BIOS to default settings then disable secure boot again. The mok issue should likely be due to an issue with secure boot and the iso.

Here’s some more information about import_mok_state(): https://www.reddit.com/r/pop_os/comments/16tf1vl/something_has_gone_seriously_wrong_import_mok

If you are unable to solve your issue, try checking online for solutions.

Hey Elliot, thank you for your reply.

I have not found a way to “reset the BIOS” in the BIOS Guide. I tried it by removing the RTC battery for a couple of seconds but if it had the desired effects the results were not different.

I am going to take a look at the reddit post you shared and see if I can find a solution through it.

1 Like