Unable to install Windows 11 [Framework 16]

I bought a secondary internal SSD to install Windows 11 to, and when I load up my bootable USB to do so I get issues.

First I tried a 22H2 iso & i was able to select my version and stuff in the installer, but before anything happened it told me my device doesn’t meet the requirements for Windows 11 (very clearly wrong). Then I tried a 23H2 iso, and that just gives me this error immediately after booting up my USB stick:

The only cause I can think of is that I had Windows 10 installed on an expansion card before using this guide (not in use anymore bc it worked poorly) and it might’ve done some wacky stuff to the bios that I don’t know how to fix since I’m just an ape that copy-pasted commands.

It lets me install windows 10 to the ssd, but upgrading to 11 still doesn’t work because “the requirements aren’t met” somehow.

My guess is that the security model Windows 11 is using does not include being installed to removable media. Are their guides on the net saying that this is possible?

I don’t think so, but i’m just trying to install it to an internal secondary ssd not an expansion card this time

Roger that, forgot that the 16 has two glorius nvme ports!

To me it could be the way that secure boot is armed, or the way that the TPM is provisioned. Do you have secure boot on?

Also remember to remove the other SSD upon installation, both Windows and Linux might mess with existing the other disk’s EFI partition

I have secure boot disabled

I still get the same thing after removing the primary ssd

If I remember correctly Windows 11 requirement list has Secure boot as a requirement, but only that the system can support it, not that it is on. However, the TPM is a requirement. If your TPM has been provisioned by Linux already, it might be showing availability to Windows, in which case you do not meet the hardware requirements.

It is also that your bootloader currently is grub, which Microsoft doesn’t like to play nice with.

Usually you have to install Windows first, and then install Linux next. OR, and you have a great system for this, just run Windows virtualized in a VM.