Unnaturally saturated colors by default after Driver Bundle installation

Framework Laptop 13 DIY Edition (AMD Ryzen 7040 Series).

System AMD Ryzen 5 7640U
Memory DDR5-5600 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe - M.2 2280 - 500GB
Operating System Windows 11

Hi!

After installing Windows 11, the color saturation of the interface, images and videos was normal. The colors did not stand out at all. After installing Driver Bundle and rebooting, the colors are unnaturally saturated by default. I did not change any settings in Windows settings or AMD Software. I found the option AMD Software → Settings → Custom Color → Saturation. The default value is 100. Values 50-75 resemble the default color state before Driver Bundle installation, but I don’t know which value is the default one. I reinstalled Windows 11 and Driver Bundle but the scenario repeats.

Is this the normal behavior of Windows 11 after Driver Bundle installation? If so, is there a specific value or option to restore the default color state?

check if the change brightness based on content is enabled.

setting → system → display → expand the brightness menu

make sure change brightness based on content is off

1 Like

At first, I installed MicroWin Windows 11 generated from WinUtil. Now I have installed regular Windows 11. I don’t know if the reason was custom Windows 11 or my eyes but after disabling Change Brightness based on content I think it worked. Colors looks like before Driver Bundle installation. Thank you for help @Andy_Liu.

There is also an AMD setting called Veri-Bright that needs to be turned off.

[SOLUTION] Colors on the display appear washed out or over saturated after installing the AMD graphics driver for Windows - Community Support - Framework Community

3 Likes