Warning: Do Not Buy A Framework

Sounds like the issue is with the AMD driver. Recently linux kernel had an update which breaks it due to a vector size being changed in the linux side of the kernel. See [Issue]: amdgpu-dkms fails with Ubuntu kernel 6.8.0-44 · Issue #3701 · ROCm/ROCm · GitHub
Note: this update was due to a security vulnerability from what I’ve been able to find.

1 Like

I can’t tell if your experience was really like you described and I don’t know if you really have not fault in creating them, since I was not there. I guess it is your personal experience and I guess things like this can happen, but it definitely cannot be generalized.

Nevertheless, my experience is the complete opposite. I had a minor cosmetic issue with my FW16 and I only had to take some pictures and they compensated me without hessitation. So, I was really glad to own my FW16 before the issue was resolved and I was even more glad afterwards.

Their mission is very important and they are doing a fabulous job in providing a great user experience and helping customers in case of anything not working as it should.
I hope anybody considering buying a frameworkt reads THIS and gets reassured in doing so.

5 Likes