What’s in Your Bag?

Definitely @Dan_Brunsink I hadn’t realized this when I first did my build planning. Thanks for looking out!

2 Likes

Decided to bite the bullet and just go with the 2x32GB :person_shrugging: thanks!

4 Likes

This is my personal laptop. General use, also for travel, photography and video editing etc.

Tomtoc Bag. Went with the one with two accessory compartments.

Logitech Pebble M350 Bluetooth Mouse. The bluetooth saves needing to use a USB dongle, and works well once you turn off “allow OS to power this device off” setting for the mouse driver. Otherwise you get pauses. Low battery drain. Not much different to USB dongle.

Anker USB C to Ethernet Adapter. Gigabit and doesn’t take up much room.

Short Micro USB to USB C Cable. For connecting to cameras etc.

Fasgear USB C to USB C Cable. Good power cable. More flexible than one from Framework.

USB C Magnetic Adapter. Cool little magnetic “Mag-safe” adapter.

USB C Charger Anker 65W. Charger is smaller than Framework one.

Satechi Aluminum Type-C USB 3.0 3-in-1 Combo Hub. This thing is awesome. It has the missing full sized SD card slot in addition to a micro SD, two USB type A ports, and a USB-C. When working with photo / video I plug all my cards in here at once. Even quicker than swapping out Framework adapters.

TP-Link AC750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router(TL-WR902AC). Tiny travel router.

Framework Expansion Card Holder.
https://community.frame.work/t/another-expansion-card-holder

3 Likes

Very basic setup and use case. i5, 8gb, 256gb, 2x USB-C and 2x USB-A. The only upgrade I may consider is another 8gb ram, but this is already such an upgrade I’m in no hurry.
Personal and work related MS Office apps, minor photo editing, hotel surfing friend on frequent company overnights, company Remote Desktop use.
Previously used an old Dell laptop at home and a Surface Go for the road. I will replace both with the Framework, and keep the Go as a “back up”.