What's Your Favorite Linux Distro?

I don’t have it yet, but I’ve been saving up for a Blackbird, which once I get it will become my everyday computer because I really, really dislike amd64 and ppc64le is mature enough to daily-drive right this minute. Hopefully, there’ll someday be a companion mainboard for the Framework I can swap out to.
However, there’s also the Powerboard Tyche, but that’s big-endian only because the e6500 processor (because you’re not going to shove POWER9 into a laptop) doesn’t support AltiVec (you know, the main feature of the G4 from 1999) in little endian. It’s just as or more repairable than a Framework since it uses MXM graphics. And yeah, I know the website looks terrible, but all of their work is open-source and you can easily find it so it’s either legit or the most meticulously crafted, unnecessarily detailed, longest-lasting scam known yet.

1 Like

Artix. Lightweight, compatible with 95% of Arch packages, easy to learn thanks to the Artix, Arch, and Gentoo wiki (for OpenRC). Switched from Arch because of issues with systemd too many times in the past.

3 Likes