Which Expansion Cards will you choose?

Which Expansion Cards will you choose (up to 4)?
  • USB-C
  • 2nd USB-C
  • 3rd USB-C
  • 4th USB-C
  • USB-A
  • 2nd USB-A
  • HDMI
  • DisplayPort
  • MicroSD
  • 250GB Storage
  • 1TB Storage

0 voters

We’d love to hear which Expansion Cards you’d configure in your Framework Laptop. You can select up to four options in the poll.

1 Like

My default setup will probably be 2x USB-C and 2x USB-A, kinda like how the Razer Blade Stealth is configured.

1 Like

I’m holding on for confirmation that the USB-C will do thunderbolt. I have docking stations that use the USB-C/TB and if I can port replicate that way, I won’t need external display, freeing up another slot for USB-A or MicroSD.

I just need one usb-c, display port for a desktop setup with my monitor I was gonna replace, and use the last two slots for 1tb each for storing my media

Full size SD, RJ45, twin USB-A, twin USB-C.

2 Likes

I’m with @Ben_S; I’m not sure what the point is voting when I’m holding out for ethernet. (And possibly dual-port cards, since having less than five ports is near-showstopper for me. Dual-height cards FTW! :slightly_smiling_face: Or at least dual USB-C, maybe solving the not-enough-space problem by having one port be power in only.)

Full size SD, RJ45, twin USB-A, twin USB-C.

Yeah, that sounds spot-on, actually.

2 Likes

I’m going with 2x USB C, 1x USB A, 1x HDMI. I need USB C on both sides mainly so I can easily charge on either side of the laptop, and I need the USB A for a USB Drives, and an HDMI for easy monitor connectivity.