Windows 11 finger print sensor stopped working 9 month old laptop!

My fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working; There was a warning in the device manager, like an unrecognised device under biometrics. So I installed the driver scanned for changes and it failed to come back at all, rebooted the system and its no where to be seen. I did update windows last night but if its a driver problem should still show in the device manager even if its unrecognized. the laptop is from Order date 02 Sep 2023 13gen i5.

Hi @Reynold_Tainsh,

If you fingerprint sensor has suddenly stopped working and you have done a few basic troubleshooting steps, then I would contact support to see about getting them to either assisting in getting it enabled again, or it is a simple part to replace and your Framework Laptop 13 is under warranty.

They may take a bit to respond as their support team is small and they have a lot of tickets going on. Additionally they work 5-days a week; so take that into account. If you do not hear from them; be sure to recheck your spam/junk e-mail folders as many people have reported support messages going there and they never saw it in their inbox. Also, if you have an Inbox filter; check that you are seeing all messages being displayed (I know this applies to Gmail and Outlook).

Let us know how it turns out and welcome to the community!